Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Pros and Cons

I don't really know what kind of job to look for at the moment.

These are my thoughts on my various job prospects, please offer some advice!

ASP .NET Developer
Pros:
- ASP .NET has a gentler learning curve compare to let's say JAVA
- ASP .NET is quite IN at the moment, not difficult to find a job for this position
- Should get a decent pay and will increase with experience
- Gain valuable experience which can help me find a better job in Melbourne in future
Cons:
- Not sure if I can handle programming
- Not sure if I can handle stress


IT Sales
Pros:
- Earn lots and lots and lots of commission!
- Challenging and fast-paced environment (should this be a con? I don't know...)
- Get to go out to meet and interact with clients
- Learn about the latest IT products and solutions
Cons:
- Meeting sales targets might be stressful
- I'm not good with numbers
- I might not keep up with the working pace


Webmaster
Pros:
- Job is easy but might be tedious
- Enjoy doing regular updates
- Not much programming
Cons:
- Don't really learn much on the job
- Hard to find suitable Webmaster positions
- Usually a lot of sai gang to do
- Hard to quantify experience because of sai gang


Marketing Cum IT Officer
Pros:
- I get to meet people which I enjoy because I do feel like I'm a more people person rather than a behind the desk kind of person
- I get to come up with marketing ideas which is new and interesting
- I get to utilise my IT knowledge as well
Cons:
- Playing too many roles might cause me to lose focus
- Usually a "bao gao liao" position
- Overworked and underpaid


There, those are the four different kind of positions I'm considering at the moment.

Which one you think I should go with?

Which one will bring me joy?

Which one is my true calling?

Let me know your thoughts!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home