Today is a Happy Day
Sorry for being so quiet all week, I wanted to blog about my company's event at Hotel Intercontinental regarding the signing ceremony with VideoFashion but I haven't got the pictures from Weny so I guess I'll update as soon as possible...
Today is Robert's birthday. He turns a youthful 37 years old. LOL.
In bid to celebrate, yesterday we caught Transformers together at GWC, we barely made it because of the traffic jam in the city. We were still considered lucky as we only missed the narration at the introduction after being 20 minutes late! The movie was really good, at least it kept me awake unlike the last two movies that I've caught, was beginning to wonder if I had a problem...
After the movie, we went for dinner at Country Spoon. I forgot to take pictures as we were in a rush, having only an hour to eat before he had to report for work. For starters we shared the Country Chicken Soup. It came with the puff pastry baked on the top which was very buttery and went pretty well with the soup! For the main course, we shared the Triangle Combo Meal which had Grilled Fish, BBQ Pork Ribs and Roast Chicken! The chicken was really scrumptious, reminded me of Nandos in Melbourne. We had coldslaw and baked potatoes as well. It was a hearty meal.
I presented him a very nice watch for his birthday. It costs a bomb but I guess if he likes it, it's all the matters. Forgot to take a picture of it again, next time I guess when there's a chance!
After Robert went to work, I went to Orchard for a while before heading to Zouk to countdown to Robert's birthday. I went to Kinokuniya to buy this new book for my Dad, it is a biography about Goh Keng Swee written by his daughter-in-law. I decided to pay an extra dollar for the book jacketing. I've always preferred to pay to get something done professionally over having myself doing a half-ass job. I wonder how long I can keep this up.
Next, I bought a top at Forever21 that caught my eye for a while and it was just nice that I got a $10 Wisma voucher from the purchase of the watch for Robert so I thought it was just fated and timely. Haha. Alright, you can stop rolling your eyes now.
At Zouk, I went around all the different bars to get his colleagues to sign his birthday card. He was quite happy that I took the trouble. He bought me a drink called Vodka Supernova which is really good and strong but doesn't taste yucky, shall order it again next time.
To those of you who are still kept in the dark, I've just recently tendered my resignation and so things have been quite low at work lately. I just feel that there is no point to work for someone who doesn't value for your hard work or show any appreciation what so ever. And on top of that, you have to suffer in silence through all the ridicule and humilation. I just don't think anyone is capable of producing good quality work in such an environment when the morale is constantly and repeatedly dampened by a superior that you so utterly despise.
I shall be taking a short break to Bangkok next month with my secondary school friends whom I last met up with for my birthday in April. It should be a good time to catch up with them and also I'm looking forward to lots of shopping therapy to compensate my lost of dignity at work during the last couple of months.
My last day of work is on the 25th of this month.
It's a Wednesday, *wink wink* Haha...
Today is Robert's birthday. He turns a youthful 37 years old. LOL.
In bid to celebrate, yesterday we caught Transformers together at GWC, we barely made it because of the traffic jam in the city. We were still considered lucky as we only missed the narration at the introduction after being 20 minutes late! The movie was really good, at least it kept me awake unlike the last two movies that I've caught, was beginning to wonder if I had a problem...
After the movie, we went for dinner at Country Spoon. I forgot to take pictures as we were in a rush, having only an hour to eat before he had to report for work. For starters we shared the Country Chicken Soup. It came with the puff pastry baked on the top which was very buttery and went pretty well with the soup! For the main course, we shared the Triangle Combo Meal which had Grilled Fish, BBQ Pork Ribs and Roast Chicken! The chicken was really scrumptious, reminded me of Nandos in Melbourne. We had coldslaw and baked potatoes as well. It was a hearty meal.
I presented him a very nice watch for his birthday. It costs a bomb but I guess if he likes it, it's all the matters. Forgot to take a picture of it again, next time I guess when there's a chance!
After Robert went to work, I went to Orchard for a while before heading to Zouk to countdown to Robert's birthday. I went to Kinokuniya to buy this new book for my Dad, it is a biography about Goh Keng Swee written by his daughter-in-law. I decided to pay an extra dollar for the book jacketing. I've always preferred to pay to get something done professionally over having myself doing a half-ass job. I wonder how long I can keep this up.
Next, I bought a top at Forever21 that caught my eye for a while and it was just nice that I got a $10 Wisma voucher from the purchase of the watch for Robert so I thought it was just fated and timely. Haha. Alright, you can stop rolling your eyes now.
At Zouk, I went around all the different bars to get his colleagues to sign his birthday card. He was quite happy that I took the trouble. He bought me a drink called Vodka Supernova which is really good and strong but doesn't taste yucky, shall order it again next time.
To those of you who are still kept in the dark, I've just recently tendered my resignation and so things have been quite low at work lately. I just feel that there is no point to work for someone who doesn't value for your hard work or show any appreciation what so ever. And on top of that, you have to suffer in silence through all the ridicule and humilation. I just don't think anyone is capable of producing good quality work in such an environment when the morale is constantly and repeatedly dampened by a superior that you so utterly despise.
I shall be taking a short break to Bangkok next month with my secondary school friends whom I last met up with for my birthday in April. It should be a good time to catch up with them and also I'm looking forward to lots of shopping therapy to compensate my lost of dignity at work during the last couple of months.
My last day of work is on the 25th of this month.
It's a Wednesday, *wink wink* Haha...
Labels: birthdays


2 Comments:
caitao.lin@m2bworld.com
so this is pot calling the kettle black ah! hahaha....
you haven't sent me the list of places to go and shop and eat in BKK... send send... please!
Post a Comment
<< Home