I'M NOT A DESIGNER BUT I HAVE FEELINGS TOO
Today at work, I had to swap computers with my colleague. This is the second time I'm switching computers in the mere four plus months that I've been working here. I wasn't forced to swap but my computer is really too crappy for me to be highly productive at work.
First time was because I was told that I'm not a designer, so I shouldn't be needing such a high-end computer. I sucked it in and told myself it's okay, I shouldn't take it personally, sure, let me have the crappy computer that's so outdated that it doesn't even have a DVD-ROM. That computer had two miserable CRT monitors, one of them fused shortly after I took over I was only left with one CRT monitor.
This time, I was denied my request for a new computer and was told that I could take my colleague's old one as he was getting his replaced. Fine. Better than nothing I thought. Just last week my production manager kindly informed me that I was getting two spanking new LCD monitors and I was quite looking forward to it because at least finally something to show that I'm being appreciated at work.
The LCDs finally came in today and I set them up nicely with the help of Mr Nice Guy, only to have them taken away from me....
I wanna go dig a hole, jump inside and cry now.
First time was because I was told that I'm not a designer, so I shouldn't be needing such a high-end computer. I sucked it in and told myself it's okay, I shouldn't take it personally, sure, let me have the crappy computer that's so outdated that it doesn't even have a DVD-ROM. That computer had two miserable CRT monitors, one of them fused shortly after I took over I was only left with one CRT monitor.
This time, I was denied my request for a new computer and was told that I could take my colleague's old one as he was getting his replaced. Fine. Better than nothing I thought. Just last week my production manager kindly informed me that I was getting two spanking new LCD monitors and I was quite looking forward to it because at least finally something to show that I'm being appreciated at work.
The LCDs finally came in today and I set them up nicely with the help of Mr Nice Guy, only to have them taken away from me....
I wanna go dig a hole, jump inside and cry now.


4 Comments:
Sounds almost like my ex company. Poor girl =( They just don't understand us developers need better computers! Infuriating
Yes. At work I at least have 5 FTP programs opened, 2 Remote Access Connections, my Outlook, Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop and Internet Explorer...
512MB RAM ain't gonna cut it lah..
512 ram for all those!!! And I thought my 1gig not enough. hehehe. Feel so guilty now
I'm using 1GB now lah.
For the past 4 months, I was using 512MB RAM.
Sigh.
Post a Comment
<< Home