Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Spyware Woes & Crowe

I've just spent the last 2 hours copying files from my friend's laptop to my external harddisk due to a really weird spyware problem that has plagued her laptop. It wouldn't have been that a big of a deal but due to this "spyware problem", her desktop keeps refreshing every 30 seconds which makes it impossible to open any programmes. This meant that the files could only be copied via DOS mode.

So I had to copy all the files via command line. The last time I had any chance to utilise my DOS commands had been wayyyyyy back in my polytechnic days. And it wasn't even by choice, it was just a DOS exercise just to let students who have not been exposed to the primitive operating system to understand how difficult life for a computer personnel had been before the introduction of the currently most widely used graphical operating system - Windows.

Anyway, it wasn't really that a big of a deal. Although it was painstakingly long and tedious process, I still wished that I could have done more to fix the problem with her laptop. All that I could do was to only copy out her files so that she wouldn't lose all her data.

It seems like Russell Crowe's arrest in New York is making the headlines here in the early morning news. Apparently, he threw a telephone at a receptionist after being unsuccessful in trying to make a long-distance call to Australia after numerous tries. I'm really amused by the amount of coverage given that piece of news. I don't see why there's a need to repeat it 3 times every hour. That makes it once after every commercial break. I'm just thinking it's just because he's Aussie. Actually, he's Kiwi but that's just me being technical. Maybe it's just that I don't have a particular liking for Crowe, because if it had been Britney Spears I would more likely be piqued.

I was intending to get up at 11am. Considering now that it's almost 8am, I'm not too optimistic if I can make it now. Seems rather ambitious, knowing my disgustingly fulfiling sleeping habits. I'll just set the time anyway though, just in case I manage to drag myself out of bed in time to catch the 12 noon bus to the city, else I'll just catch the next one at 3pm.

Gonna catch a movie with Alicia later today~ Movie tickets are half priced on Tuesday! ;P

Laters...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home