My Saturday Came and Went
Let me give you an example of how getting someone from a different time zone to give you a morning call can be a little confusing.
This morning I was awoken by my dearest boyfriend:
My Darling: "Darling ah, it's 10:30am, I can't remember you told me to wake you up at 10:30 your time or my time leh"
Me, very sleepily : "I meant my time dear..."
My Darling: "Ooops. Sorry dear. You go back to sleep okay?"
Me, so sleepy that I can only muster: "Mmmmmm."
*phone clicks*
Oh well. After a few more calls, guess what time after I woke up eventually? 4:35pm. Haha. Scheesh. As you can see that I'm not a morning person. I should stop setting such high standards for myself.
Anyway, I threw the leftover beef stew away. It was pretty disgusting and I couldn't bring myself to eat it.
So I made my famous udon in soup, my darling's favourite:

It was much better than the beef stew I tell you. Very good for winter time, gives you a "warming effect". Notice the vegetables I have in the udon as well. Just trying to neutralise the MSG from the seasoning. Haha. And when I was cooking in the common kitchen, the guy beside me commented that he thought the mushrooms were meatballs, until he had a closer look. Hmmmmm.
Brenda's nick on MSN just reminded me that I'm going to miss the annual Great Singapore Sale. Dammit. The single most looked forward to event of my life, besides going to Perth, of course ;), and I will be stuck here in Melbourne cramming for my exam. Argh, this is infuriating. I miss all my favourite shops - GG<5, m)phosis, Espirt, Mango, U2, Samuel and Kevin.... all the Far East Plaza shops, all the shops at Heeren. I've just got an email from Perlini Silver that they are having a 40% storewide sale somemore. Sigh, sigh, sigh.
I also want to stock up on Prima Taste Singapore Curry Instant Premix. Would someone be so kind to ship a carton of it to me if I don't make it to Singapore in July? Better yet, throw in some packets of chwee kueh with it as well can? Pretty please?
This morning I was awoken by my dearest boyfriend:
My Darling: "Darling ah, it's 10:30am, I can't remember you told me to wake you up at 10:30 your time or my time leh"
Me, very sleepily : "I meant my time dear..."
My Darling: "Ooops. Sorry dear. You go back to sleep okay?"
Me, so sleepy that I can only muster: "Mmmmmm."
*phone clicks*
Oh well. After a few more calls, guess what time after I woke up eventually? 4:35pm. Haha. Scheesh. As you can see that I'm not a morning person. I should stop setting such high standards for myself.
Anyway, I threw the leftover beef stew away. It was pretty disgusting and I couldn't bring myself to eat it.
So I made my famous udon in soup, my darling's favourite:

It was much better than the beef stew I tell you. Very good for winter time, gives you a "warming effect". Notice the vegetables I have in the udon as well. Just trying to neutralise the MSG from the seasoning. Haha. And when I was cooking in the common kitchen, the guy beside me commented that he thought the mushrooms were meatballs, until he had a closer look. Hmmmmm.
Brenda's nick on MSN just reminded me that I'm going to miss the annual Great Singapore Sale. Dammit. The single most looked forward to event of my life, besides going to Perth, of course ;), and I will be stuck here in Melbourne cramming for my exam. Argh, this is infuriating. I miss all my favourite shops - GG<5, m)phosis, Espirt, Mango, U2, Samuel and Kevin.... all the Far East Plaza shops, all the shops at Heeren. I've just got an email from Perlini Silver that they are having a 40% storewide sale somemore. Sigh, sigh, sigh.
I also want to stock up on Prima Taste Singapore Curry Instant Premix. Would someone be so kind to ship a carton of it to me if I don't make it to Singapore in July? Better yet, throw in some packets of chwee kueh with it as well can? Pretty please?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home