Monday, June 06, 2005

I can't sleep at night, till...

Guess who won the French Open Finals?














Presenting Rafael Nadal from Spain:



Final score: 6-7(6), 6-3, 6-1, 7-5

I was amused when I heard loud exuberant exclaimations from the neighbouring hostel rooms when Nadal won the final match point. It's good to know that other people share your joy.

Some trivia that might interest some of you, Nadal made a few records on Sunday night:

  • Nadal's the first man to win the French Open on his initial try at Roland Garros since Mats Wilander in 1982.
  • Nadal became the youngest men's Grand Slam champion since Michael Chang won the French Open in 1989 at age 17.
  • Nadal and Argentine Puerta met on Sunday in the first all-lefty men's final at Roland Garros since 1946 and the first in any Grand Slam event since 1998.
  • Nadal become the first left-handed men's champion since Thomas Muster in 1995.
  • Sunday's victory was the Nadal's 24th straight win - the longest winning streak for a teenager since tennis turned professional in 1968.


Needless to say I couldn't be more pleased with the result.

However, I do get a tinge feeling of being an under-achiever. Afterall, a 19-year-old did just win a major grandslam title. Just a thought to ponder about I guess. I don't think it will generate enough motivation in me to do anything to make my life less ordinary.

I've sinned again today. Boo-hoo.



Someone should really confiscate my plastics.


I saw this on a friend's nick on MSN the other day that really struck a chord with me:


I can't sleep at night, till the sun gives light


As you can tell my the time logged on this entry, I've given up on sleeping early because it's just simply impossible! Therefore I've just resigned to fate and going to bed only when the sun's getting up.

The common kitchen is still dead.

"Maintainence is not in during weekends"

Let's just say that I've been told more absurd statements by the management here.

I'm gonna sleep my Monday away now, just like I did with my Saturday.

Laters~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home