Grocery Shopping Extravagance
My attempt at the scheduled 10:30am grocery shopping expedition at Preston Market this morning failed miserably despite a couple of wake-up calls from my thoughtful darling. So sorry dear, wasted you money for the interstate call and more importantly your well intended efforts. Sigh. Sowwwy dear. Forgive me please. Promise you I'll cook my now perfected chicken stew for you next time we get the opportunity okay?
Anyway, luckily for me, Thursday is late night shopping day, so the market opens until 6pm. I bought so much food from Preston Market today. I felt like I was shopping for a small army instead. This was what I bought:
Veggies:
6 Potatoes
5 Tomatoes
2 Carrots
2 Green Capsicums
1 Small Eggplant
3 Cobs of Corn
2 Avocadoes
Celery (Not sure how to quantify celery leh, hmm, if you know please tell me, I bought the entire chunk? trunk? *confused*)
Mushrooms (Not sure how many, didn’t count)
Meat:
300g Minced Pork
300g Minced Beef
500g Diced Beef
500g Chicken Drumettes
2 Pieces of Chicken Breast Fillet
4 Pieces of Pork Spare Ribs
Seafood:
300g of Peeled Prawns
Miscellaneous:
1 bottle of Woh Hup Vegeterian Mushroom Sauce
1 bottle of Lee Kum Kee Plum Sauce
So how? A lot or not? It was soooo heavy you know, I know I must have looked really pathetic struggling with all the bags, luckily no cars with creepy old men stopped to offer me a ride, else I would have been so tempted. I must consider getting one of those trolleys for groceries, but it's quite an eye sore for someone so fashion conscious like me. I must have stopped at least 10 times walking back home. I know it's disgraceful. Sigh. Really have to shop for a car one of these days.
Anyway, I left home around 3pm and came home around 5pm. Took me 2 hours to drag all my groceries home. That's quite a travesty, but hey, no surprise, I've been failing my 2.4km run since I was in Secondary 2. I'm usually very inactive, in fact the only known form of physical exertion I endure would be shopping. That's the only form of physical activity that I wouldn’t complain about. Hehe. The most strenuous shopping trip I’ve taken was with my shopaholic friend Jamie, we started at Orchard around noon-ish and we ended up at Bugis at night. This was all on foot mind you, we walked all the way from Orchard to Bugis carrying all of our shopping bags as well. But of course we stopped to shop along the way lah, hehe, sigh, haven’t had that kind of shopping trip in a long time.
It took me another good 30 minutes to put away all my groceries, had to pack the meat so that I would be able to thaw them separately. I've decided to have Beef Stew tomorrow. Besides beef, I'm gonna include celery, green capsicum, carrots, tomatoes! Sounds yummy right? I love makings stews now, because you can never screw it up. Will update you on how it goes. And there that was the highlight of my day - grocery shopping at Preston Market. Geez, what have I done to myself??? -_-
Lately, it's been a chore trying to fend off various people trying to inform me about who has been crowned the newest American Idol, when I've clearly stated on my MSN nick to do the exact opposite as I would rather find it out for myself on Friday! Damn you bo liao (hokkien for lame I think) people! Sigh, I shall lie low on MSN for a while… at least until after I've watched the American Idol Finale!
Alright, I really need to continue on my report, it's due tomorrow. Laters!
Anyway, luckily for me, Thursday is late night shopping day, so the market opens until 6pm. I bought so much food from Preston Market today. I felt like I was shopping for a small army instead. This was what I bought:
Veggies:
6 Potatoes
5 Tomatoes
2 Carrots
2 Green Capsicums
1 Small Eggplant
3 Cobs of Corn
2 Avocadoes
Celery (Not sure how to quantify celery leh, hmm, if you know please tell me, I bought the entire chunk? trunk? *confused*)
Mushrooms (Not sure how many, didn’t count)
Meat:
300g Minced Pork
300g Minced Beef
500g Diced Beef
500g Chicken Drumettes
2 Pieces of Chicken Breast Fillet
4 Pieces of Pork Spare Ribs
Seafood:
300g of Peeled Prawns
Miscellaneous:
1 bottle of Woh Hup Vegeterian Mushroom Sauce
1 bottle of Lee Kum Kee Plum Sauce
So how? A lot or not? It was soooo heavy you know, I know I must have looked really pathetic struggling with all the bags, luckily no cars with creepy old men stopped to offer me a ride, else I would have been so tempted. I must consider getting one of those trolleys for groceries, but it's quite an eye sore for someone so fashion conscious like me. I must have stopped at least 10 times walking back home. I know it's disgraceful. Sigh. Really have to shop for a car one of these days.
Anyway, I left home around 3pm and came home around 5pm. Took me 2 hours to drag all my groceries home. That's quite a travesty, but hey, no surprise, I've been failing my 2.4km run since I was in Secondary 2. I'm usually very inactive, in fact the only known form of physical exertion I endure would be shopping. That's the only form of physical activity that I wouldn’t complain about. Hehe. The most strenuous shopping trip I’ve taken was with my shopaholic friend Jamie, we started at Orchard around noon-ish and we ended up at Bugis at night. This was all on foot mind you, we walked all the way from Orchard to Bugis carrying all of our shopping bags as well. But of course we stopped to shop along the way lah, hehe, sigh, haven’t had that kind of shopping trip in a long time.
It took me another good 30 minutes to put away all my groceries, had to pack the meat so that I would be able to thaw them separately. I've decided to have Beef Stew tomorrow. Besides beef, I'm gonna include celery, green capsicum, carrots, tomatoes! Sounds yummy right? I love makings stews now, because you can never screw it up. Will update you on how it goes. And there that was the highlight of my day - grocery shopping at Preston Market. Geez, what have I done to myself??? -_-
Lately, it's been a chore trying to fend off various people trying to inform me about who has been crowned the newest American Idol, when I've clearly stated on my MSN nick to do the exact opposite as I would rather find it out for myself on Friday! Damn you bo liao (hokkien for lame I think) people! Sigh, I shall lie low on MSN for a while… at least until after I've watched the American Idol Finale!
Alright, I really need to continue on my report, it's due tomorrow. Laters!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home