It Fed Me Well
Today my trusty rice cook decided that it was time to retire on me.
After all the millions of grains of rice it has cooked for me, all the packets of instant noodles and all the other crazy stuff that I had decided it should cook for me, I guess it just couldn't take it anymore. Sigh.
I was cooking barley with my rice cooker in the evening and while in the middle of it, the TV went off and my laptop just gave out at the same time! The microwave timer was also not lit. I realised that the power in my room had suddenly tripped. This was the second time it has happened in about 13 months. So I called reception nicely and they said they would come up and check it out.
And so I waited. After about 30 minutes a guy knocked on my door and told me that they tried to flip the circuit breaker but it is not working as it keep fliping back. He said that he can't solve the problem and they have to wait until the electrician comes in the morning. He gave me the option of staying in another room for the night, which would be a hotel room as they have ran out of student rooms.
I was like HUUH? That's the best you can do ah? Not that I don't enjoy the idea of staying in a hotel room free of charge. I just don't like the inconvinence. I won't have my stuff with me, I can't surf the Internet. Before he left, he said he would try again once more to flip the circuit breaker for me. And I was so delighted that the TV came on a few minutes later! So happy! But the happiness was short-lived as soon as I plugged in my rice cooker. Everything went PLOP again.
That's the story of how I came to know that my rice cooker died.

My trusty rice cooker. It fed me well.
I'll have to get another one from Singapore on this trip back. That should last me until the end of the year hopefully.
On to happier thoughts, I bought hoop earrings today!

They were on sale at Myers, I just couldn't resist. I've always wanted hoop earrings.

Nice on me or not? Haha. Sorry if I gave you a fright. It's 5am in the morning, forgive me for looking like this.
I actually dozed off earlier in the night, then my darling called, but we didn't talk long and I got up to wash up and went back to sleep. Just that I couldn't sleep again. I think I need to get some sleeping pills.
Anyway, I decide to get up and watch some TV and the French Open Mens Semi-Finals were on. I decided to watch. I think Rafael Nadal is my new Roddick. Haha, if that made any sense to you at all. Nadal is 19 years old, current ranking world number 4, from Spain. His opponent is Roger Federer, 23 years old, ranked world number 1, from Switzerland.
Right now guess who's winning? NADAL! Haha. I couldn't be happier, because I think Federer has been too cocky for a long time. It's time someone showed him that he's not the only one who can play good tennis!
*watching final match point*
NADAL won!! Wooo hooo! Final score: 6-3, 4-6, 6-4, 6-3.
This was the best tennis match I've watched in a long time. Not lopsided, yet not torturingly head-to-head that puts the match through a five hour five setter. It had many intelligent plays, emotion driven at times, it was just a thrill to watch!
Let me introduce to you Rafael Nadal from Spain.

I still can't believe he had just beaten the world number 1. I wish I had that on my resume when I was 19. Then again, I wish for too many things!
By the way, today was Nadal's 19th birthday actually, I guess you could say that he got a really great present! Haha.
I'm gonna try to sleep again. Wish me luck!
After all the millions of grains of rice it has cooked for me, all the packets of instant noodles and all the other crazy stuff that I had decided it should cook for me, I guess it just couldn't take it anymore. Sigh.
I was cooking barley with my rice cooker in the evening and while in the middle of it, the TV went off and my laptop just gave out at the same time! The microwave timer was also not lit. I realised that the power in my room had suddenly tripped. This was the second time it has happened in about 13 months. So I called reception nicely and they said they would come up and check it out.
And so I waited. After about 30 minutes a guy knocked on my door and told me that they tried to flip the circuit breaker but it is not working as it keep fliping back. He said that he can't solve the problem and they have to wait until the electrician comes in the morning. He gave me the option of staying in another room for the night, which would be a hotel room as they have ran out of student rooms.
I was like HUUH? That's the best you can do ah? Not that I don't enjoy the idea of staying in a hotel room free of charge. I just don't like the inconvinence. I won't have my stuff with me, I can't surf the Internet. Before he left, he said he would try again once more to flip the circuit breaker for me. And I was so delighted that the TV came on a few minutes later! So happy! But the happiness was short-lived as soon as I plugged in my rice cooker. Everything went PLOP again.
That's the story of how I came to know that my rice cooker died.

My trusty rice cooker. It fed me well.
I'll have to get another one from Singapore on this trip back. That should last me until the end of the year hopefully.
On to happier thoughts, I bought hoop earrings today!

They were on sale at Myers, I just couldn't resist. I've always wanted hoop earrings.

Nice on me or not? Haha. Sorry if I gave you a fright. It's 5am in the morning, forgive me for looking like this.
I actually dozed off earlier in the night, then my darling called, but we didn't talk long and I got up to wash up and went back to sleep. Just that I couldn't sleep again. I think I need to get some sleeping pills.
Anyway, I decide to get up and watch some TV and the French Open Mens Semi-Finals were on. I decided to watch. I think Rafael Nadal is my new Roddick. Haha, if that made any sense to you at all. Nadal is 19 years old, current ranking world number 4, from Spain. His opponent is Roger Federer, 23 years old, ranked world number 1, from Switzerland.
Right now guess who's winning? NADAL! Haha. I couldn't be happier, because I think Federer has been too cocky for a long time. It's time someone showed him that he's not the only one who can play good tennis!
*watching final match point*
NADAL won!! Wooo hooo! Final score: 6-3, 4-6, 6-4, 6-3.
This was the best tennis match I've watched in a long time. Not lopsided, yet not torturingly head-to-head that puts the match through a five hour five setter. It had many intelligent plays, emotion driven at times, it was just a thrill to watch!
Let me introduce to you Rafael Nadal from Spain.

I still can't believe he had just beaten the world number 1. I wish I had that on my resume when I was 19. Then again, I wish for too many things!
By the way, today was Nadal's 19th birthday actually, I guess you could say that he got a really great present! Haha.
I'm gonna try to sleep again. Wish me luck!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home