E.N.Q.I.?
I was just thinking about names.
Do you know that Levis Jeans is named after someone called Levis Strauss? Hilton Hotel is also named after somebody's last name. Brands like MacDonald's, Versace, Philips and Calvin Klein have one thing in common. They are named after the people who created them.
Then it got me thinking if I were to create something, wouldn't it be very unappealing to just name it Lin? Three letters only! Sharon would be very unoriginal. And if I called it Enqi, no non-chinese speaking person would be able to pronounce it. They will go And-Qwee or apply some other distortions to it that I haven't come across. Maybe I should do something fancy like E.N.Q.I.? Cool or not? How about spelling my name like Sharon Lynn? Haha. Like I'm trying to sound ang-mo. You know, actually my family name is supposed to be Lim, but because of some government regulations or something like that, I was only given a hanyu pinyin name, so from Lim it became Lin. Everyone else on my dad's side is Lim. Only me. Haiyoh, government conspiracy!
Aiyoh. Heachache liao lah. Why I can't have the convinence of naming a product after myself. I don't understand how all these people have such fancy names, and all they have to do is just put it on their product. Prada, Valentino, Gucci, Louis Vitton. So simple. So unfair. Humph!
I called Jamie tonight but I accidentally cut her off. Stupid calling card. Argh. Then I called her back again. Hehe. She just came back from Bangkok. I'm so jealous! Sigh. She was telling me she bought so many stuff. I also want! Humph! She was also telling me that the Singapore sale doesn't have anything much yet, but I think it's unlikely I'll get to have any share of it in July.... Oh well...
Alrighty, I need to get some sleep... Laters!
Do you know that Levis Jeans is named after someone called Levis Strauss? Hilton Hotel is also named after somebody's last name. Brands like MacDonald's, Versace, Philips and Calvin Klein have one thing in common. They are named after the people who created them.
Then it got me thinking if I were to create something, wouldn't it be very unappealing to just name it Lin? Three letters only! Sharon would be very unoriginal. And if I called it Enqi, no non-chinese speaking person would be able to pronounce it. They will go And-Qwee or apply some other distortions to it that I haven't come across. Maybe I should do something fancy like E.N.Q.I.? Cool or not? How about spelling my name like Sharon Lynn? Haha. Like I'm trying to sound ang-mo. You know, actually my family name is supposed to be Lim, but because of some government regulations or something like that, I was only given a hanyu pinyin name, so from Lim it became Lin. Everyone else on my dad's side is Lim. Only me. Haiyoh, government conspiracy!
Aiyoh. Heachache liao lah. Why I can't have the convinence of naming a product after myself. I don't understand how all these people have such fancy names, and all they have to do is just put it on their product. Prada, Valentino, Gucci, Louis Vitton. So simple. So unfair. Humph!
I called Jamie tonight but I accidentally cut her off. Stupid calling card. Argh. Then I called her back again. Hehe. She just came back from Bangkok. I'm so jealous! Sigh. She was telling me she bought so many stuff. I also want! Humph! She was also telling me that the Singapore sale doesn't have anything much yet, but I think it's unlikely I'll get to have any share of it in July.... Oh well...
Alrighty, I need to get some sleep... Laters!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home