Tuesday, May 31, 2005

God forgive me for I have sinned






















Awwwwwwww.

Actually okay lah, not too bad right? Only three bags.

It could have been much worse if not for the airline tickets to Singapore which I had purchased today, prior to the shopping spree, costing me $885! It's British Airways only some more. But good enough lah, I didn't expect to pay below $900 actually, for making such a late booking, only about a month in advance.

You see ah, I have a $1000 spending limit on my bank card, so after that chunk was withdrawn to pay for the air ticket, I was just left with a balance of $115 for EFTPOS – Electronic Funds Transfer Point of Sale – the Singapore equivalent is NETS.

So this balance plus whatever I had in my wallet was my total spending budget. It ended being quite embarrassing actually. After shopping the whole afternoon at Myers, I made a last minute purchase at The Body Shop, I calculated my day's worth of spending and I thought my credit limit could still cover my purchases, so I paid by EFTPOS......

"You have exceeded your credit limit."

This is not the first time my mathematics proficiency (or rather lack thereof) has failed upon me.

Sigh. I had to pay by cash. I had to dig around my bag for change, because Australian coins come in two dollars, so what might seem very little in amount for coins can actually be a lot in value. Luckily, I still have thirty dollars in notes and I managed to dig around to get five dollars with of change to cover my $35 purchase. Wah, sweated so much trying to come up with the cash. Phew! At least I'll have less crappy hair!

Anyway, I actually wasn't really in a shopping mood today. I think I was too tired today. And the after lunch drowsiness didn’t help. I didn't really see much that caught my eye.

BUT!

Shopping doesn't always have to be for yourself you see. *wink*

I bought a nice caplet - it's like a cardigan but just half of it. Bought a very nice white CK long sleeve t-shirt for my darling and another one in blue for my brother! See, I'm so nice!

Today before my mini shopping spree, I went to hunt for airline tickets. At STA, the first offer I got was $935 for Austrian Airlines. I've never heard of Austrian before so she recommended Qantas at $1012. I felt very demoralised after that.

Next I went to ExtraGreen Holidays, I keep thinking it's EverGreen for some reason, then Jody made me realise that EverGreen is a stationary shop in Singapore. Haha. Ooops. As I was saying, they were having a deal for British Airways, after tax $885, which is really quite cheap. The catch is need to depart in June, but the date I was after was 1st July. The reason being that I will be going to Perth before going to Singapore. I've already settled the tickets for Perth, so I will only be returning back to Melbourne from Perth on the morning of 30th June. Since June only has thirty days, that meant my flight to Singapore will be departing at 4pm on the same day!

Look what sh*t I've got myself into. Hahaha. Then I'll have to take cab from airport, reach home unpack and pack then take cab to airport again. I don't know how to explain this to my mum. 12 hours of flying in the same day. The silliest thing is I'll be flying past Perth again on the way back to Singapore. -_-

For lunch I had my favourite Chicken Curry from Chinatown.



It's not bad. Just that I wish the curry was hotter (as in the temperature, not spicier) and the rice too, it was almost cold. I like to have my food served steaming hot, anything else than that just makes the food seem stale.

I didn't have a proper dinner tonight. I was quite full after having the curry and I couldn't decide what to take away from the city. And when I reached home I was so exhausted, too lazy to cook. Have to drag everything to the common kitchen then drag everything back. Plus all the dish washing. Just didn't appeal to me.

So I just ate my favourite snack. My favourite brand of instant noodles.



I cooked the noodles with my rice cooker. Haha. In the convience of my own room. It's a skill that I've acquired through my time spent in this hostel in Melbourne. The art of comproming and rice cooker culinary. What to do? Sometimes the kitchen so crowded, so many people queuing up, might as well just make do.

I brought 10 packets of it from Singapore. I've been rationing them since the start of this year, but now I am free to deplete my small stash of IndoMee Mi Goreng because now I that I'll be going to Singapore, so that means I can bring more back! No need to ration like a refugee anymore! Haha! I'll bring back a carton! :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home