Ingenuity
Have you seen anything more ingenious than this?

In this hand out photograph released by the Australian Customs Service, shows a woman as she arrived Friday, June 3, 2005 in the southern city of Melbourne, Australia on a flight from Singapore with 51 live tropical fish allegedly hidden in a specially designed apron under her skirt, Monday, June 6, 2005. Customs officers became suspicious after hearing 'flipping' noises coming from the vicinity of her waist, and an examination revealed 15 plastic water-filled bags holding fish allegedly concealed inside a purpose-built apron.
- Associated Press
I can't believe she managed to sit through a eight hour flight with all of that under her skirt! Geez! I'm not sure if I'm more impressed by her endurance levels or the unseemingly innovative mind of hers.
The media here has still been obsessed with the Russell Crowe arrest in New York. Is he really that news worthy? I heard that he will be on the Late Show with Letterman tomorrow. That should be more interesting than showing the clip of him walking out from the police station in cuffs on repeat. Definately worth staying up for.
I'm really curious about the verdict of the Michael Jackson trial. It seems like it can really go either way. It seems just so blatantly outright that he's guilty, yet somehow passing a guilty verdict just doesn't seem to sit well on someone so unbelievably famous. However I must say that it doesn't really look good for him considering the evidence present has been reasonably compelling. I really wonder which way the jury would go.
Quoth(ie) came over to fix Karen's laptop tonight. The lappie has apparently a combination of spyware and virus infection. It's too sick and needs to be cure using the last resort - reformat. I realised that spyware can be so easily copied onto a computer so unknowingly by the user in most cases. The consequences can be detrimental such as in Karen's case. I'm going to be really wary of the websites that I visit now.
I decided to watch That Thing You Do on DVD while Quoth(ie) was busy downloading stuff for Karen's laptop on my laptop. He also helped me to ensure that my laptop is in good health. He's really good with updates, patches, tweaks and stuff like that I usually can't be bother in installing. (I prefer leaving things to the experts. *wink* I got my brows waxed today - professionally too! Hehe.)
Watching it just brought back so many memories. I was so crazy about the movie that I pestered my mother for money to buy the soundtrack. I still remember watching the movie in the cinema. It was with Qing-wen, Alex and Divya. I'm not in contact with any of them now. It was just at one particualr point that they had been so integral in my life. I guess everything happens for a reason? I can only assume.
Quoth(ie) casually remarked that Liv Tyler still looks the same. Yeah I guess she does look as pretty then and she looks now. I obviously didn't have the luxury of looking decent from young. There isn't a single class photo that I am fully satisfied with. Okay, maybe with the exception of my Primary Four class photo, the others were plain sh*t. There are so many terrible pictures of my child-teenage years that I would like to burn and bury the ashes in the seabed of the Tasman Sea. However most of those pictures have other people in them, so I don't feel that good at the thought of burning them. God forbid should anyone else lay hands on them.
Sometimes I do feel a little itch to reveal them to my friends, just to see their reaction on seeing how f*cked up I am capable of looking. Hmmmm. Very curious now. Haha. Oh well those photos aren't with me now. I'll have to scan them when I'm back in Singapore...
Sun's coming up, I'm gonna hit the sack now! Laters~
PS: Safe trip to Peiyi for your holiday in Taiwan! Have fun! :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home