Snooze Fest
There's nothing that's better than a good night of undisturbed sleep after days of being sleep deprived. After the big presentation, I came home and had dinner at the diner’s because I was too lazy to cook and tired of eating sandwiches. I had Fish of the Day which was somewhat disappointing, considering that I paid AUD$25.50 for it! I was expecting some fine cusine. Silly me to be expecting that from the diner's just at the lobby of my hostel huh. It didn’t even come with tartar sauce, I had to request for it. I mean come on, tartar sauce comes with fish, it isn’t that hard right, it doesn’t require much culinary expertise. And when it came, it was the most miserable-looking amount of tartar sauce I’ve ever seen. I think you would get more tartar sauce if you scraped off all the tartar sauce from the bun of a Filet-O-Fish at Macdonald’s. And I had assumed that it came with sides like mashed potatoes or something interesting like poached asparagus, but nooooo it came with boiled cauliflower and brussels sprouts. Geez, I could have gotten more exotic greens from a Subway sub! What a crock….
Anyway, after going back to my room, I went to sleep at around 7:30pm on Tuesday and got out of bed at 10 past two the next day. I can almost hear the incessant name calling from my boyfriend – "Pig!! Pig!!" Just so that all of you are clear, I actually awoke multiple times during my sleep. I just chose to get out of bed at 10 past two in the afternoon. Bearing in mind that I had barely slept for the past two days before, I think it is justifiable to take such a long sleep. It’s probably the only way to let the body heal and decaffeinate itself.
I’ve indulge myself in a good meal of chicken stew today. Home cooked might I add. There’s nothing better than to eat a freshly cooked meal after eating fast food and leftover pasta for the last couple of days. And today I finally managed to find out what was missing in my chicken stew, I’ve had been trying to find out why my version of chicken stew was slightly different from my Mum’s, and guess what it was – tomato sauce!
I’ve just caught the late show with David Letterman, Adam Sandler was on as a guest tonight, promoting his new movie, The Longest Yard. He was really funny. I really liked him in Big Daddy. I might catch the new movie, if I can convince someone to watch it with me. Everyone’s busy doing their own sh*t now, rushing assignments and tests, hardly get to see anyone around anymore.
Tomorrow I’ll be going grocery shopping at Preston Market to stock up on some fresh foods. Hopefully I’ll get up in time for that. Alright, I think I better go. Should at least try to sleep at normal hours now. Laters!
Anyway, after going back to my room, I went to sleep at around 7:30pm on Tuesday and got out of bed at 10 past two the next day. I can almost hear the incessant name calling from my boyfriend – "Pig!! Pig!!" Just so that all of you are clear, I actually awoke multiple times during my sleep. I just chose to get out of bed at 10 past two in the afternoon. Bearing in mind that I had barely slept for the past two days before, I think it is justifiable to take such a long sleep. It’s probably the only way to let the body heal and decaffeinate itself.
I’ve indulge myself in a good meal of chicken stew today. Home cooked might I add. There’s nothing better than to eat a freshly cooked meal after eating fast food and leftover pasta for the last couple of days. And today I finally managed to find out what was missing in my chicken stew, I’ve had been trying to find out why my version of chicken stew was slightly different from my Mum’s, and guess what it was – tomato sauce!
I’ve just caught the late show with David Letterman, Adam Sandler was on as a guest tonight, promoting his new movie, The Longest Yard. He was really funny. I really liked him in Big Daddy. I might catch the new movie, if I can convince someone to watch it with me. Everyone’s busy doing their own sh*t now, rushing assignments and tests, hardly get to see anyone around anymore.
Tomorrow I’ll be going grocery shopping at Preston Market to stock up on some fresh foods. Hopefully I’ll get up in time for that. Alright, I think I better go. Should at least try to sleep at normal hours now. Laters!


2 Comments:
Your blog made me both want to and not want to go to aussie... First of all, you've got letterman! after premiere 12 folded, I've never seen him.. and then i bet subway is much easier to find there than over here!
But then... a fish dinner with brussel sprouts and no tartar sauce? No way man, that's just wrong, haha...
haha, we have great TV over here, very explicit stuff sometimes, nothing like what you get Singapore. I watch Letterman almost every night, not a simple feat u know considering it's always shown past 1am. The great thing is that all the episodes are current, so all the jokes are very up-to-date.. hehe..
I think that fish dinner was just a problem with my dodgy diner lah, haha. There are much better places else where. I remembered once when I was at Fish and Co with my friend Brenda, we asked for about five helpings of tartar sauce between ourselves!
Post a Comment
<< Home