I Am Not A Shopaholic
Boxing day is Melbourne's biggest day of sales!
The sales at Myer and David Jones in the city started at 7am this morning. As usual, I could barely wake up that early even if it was for shopping. My darling claims that he had tried to wake me up many times.
When we arrived at the city around 10am in the morning, the place was already swarming with people.
I've never seen so many people in Melbourne city before in my life! Makes me wonder where all these people have been hiding... It's like half the population come out of hibernation today....
Before we managed to get into Myers, we saw a man knocked unconcious on the ground right outside of the Myers store. He had a pool of blood beside him and he had suffered a head injury. I wanted to stay on to see what was going on but my darling dragged me away chiding me for gawking. I had even thought of taking a picture of the guy but decided against it considering he was in a sad enough state and wouldn't appreciate it.
After making a few purchases at Myers undergarment section, we decided to have lunch at a nearby cafe.
The wounded man was not on the ground anymore and the pool of blood had been cleaned up. Talk about efficiency. I'll like to see train station graffiti cleaned up that fast.
The soup of the day was Potato and Leek. I thought it was a little bland so I added a lot of salt as usual. I'm so gonna die of high blood pressure one day. Don't worry, I won't forget you in my will.
I had Pesto Chicken Strips. The sauce is just simply delicious! Creamy and savoury... Mmmmmm....
Darling had Fish of the Day which was a chargrilled gemfish with side salad and chips.
After lunch we headed back to Myers. Myers was like a complete warzone by that time. We could barely walk without bumping into people. Shopping became quite a chore as the fitting room queues were stretched and people seemed to be taking ages in them.
We got out of Myers and headed on to JB Hi-Fi where I got the new Kelly Clarkson CD on sale for only $14.99!
We went to Cotton On, Sussans, Supre, MANGO,FUCK FCUK and Review as well.
I bought two MANGO tube tops for just $10 each! I got two of the same design just in different colours because they both looked so good and I couldn't decide on which one to buy.
The Cotton On sale was the BEST! Everything was on 50% discount! I could have spent my entire life savings there which is quite a disturbing thought actually.
After walking around so long, my darling was complaining he was tired. Weak, I thought. I guess I can't blame him, he's not used to shopping with me.
We decided to catch a movie at Melbourne Central's Hoyts. We decided on Fun with Dick and Jane. It was really hilarious! I'm starting to like Jim Carrey more now that he's not that into slapstick comedy anymore. Tea Leoni was just such a charmer. I used to dislike her quite a bit because she married my favourite Agent Fox Mulder (AKA David Duchovny) from X-Files. I've since grown up and gotten over it. Cheers for me. :)
We had sushi for a quick dinner before the movie. I couldn't resist ordering my favourite Salmon Sashimi.
I'm not sure why the served the sashimi on a red plate. It's as if they didn't want us to find the salmon!
I know this picture is very incriminating but I AM NOT A SHOPAHOLIC. Boxing Day sales are the best! I wouldn't mind spending Boxing Day here again. I'd also be doing a great enconomic contribution to the Australian retail sector. *winks*
PS: I'm going to stay over at Halls Gap for tomorrow night! Will be back in Melbourne on Wednesday in the evening. Will be missing you guys... especially YOU! ;)
The sales at Myer and David Jones in the city started at 7am this morning. As usual, I could barely wake up that early even if it was for shopping. My darling claims that he had tried to wake me up many times.
When we arrived at the city around 10am in the morning, the place was already swarming with people.
I've never seen so many people in Melbourne city before in my life! Makes me wonder where all these people have been hiding... It's like half the population come out of hibernation today....Before we managed to get into Myers, we saw a man knocked unconcious on the ground right outside of the Myers store. He had a pool of blood beside him and he had suffered a head injury. I wanted to stay on to see what was going on but my darling dragged me away chiding me for gawking. I had even thought of taking a picture of the guy but decided against it considering he was in a sad enough state and wouldn't appreciate it.
After making a few purchases at Myers undergarment section, we decided to have lunch at a nearby cafe.
The wounded man was not on the ground anymore and the pool of blood had been cleaned up. Talk about efficiency. I'll like to see train station graffiti cleaned up that fast.
The soup of the day was Potato and Leek. I thought it was a little bland so I added a lot of salt as usual. I'm so gonna die of high blood pressure one day. Don't worry, I won't forget you in my will.
I had Pesto Chicken Strips. The sauce is just simply delicious! Creamy and savoury... Mmmmmm....
Darling had Fish of the Day which was a chargrilled gemfish with side salad and chips.After lunch we headed back to Myers. Myers was like a complete warzone by that time. We could barely walk without bumping into people. Shopping became quite a chore as the fitting room queues were stretched and people seemed to be taking ages in them.
We got out of Myers and headed on to JB Hi-Fi where I got the new Kelly Clarkson CD on sale for only $14.99!
We went to Cotton On, Sussans, Supre, MANGO,
I bought two MANGO tube tops for just $10 each! I got two of the same design just in different colours because they both looked so good and I couldn't decide on which one to buy.
The Cotton On sale was the BEST! Everything was on 50% discount! I could have spent my entire life savings there which is quite a disturbing thought actually.
After walking around so long, my darling was complaining he was tired. Weak, I thought. I guess I can't blame him, he's not used to shopping with me.
We decided to catch a movie at Melbourne Central's Hoyts. We decided on Fun with Dick and Jane. It was really hilarious! I'm starting to like Jim Carrey more now that he's not that into slapstick comedy anymore. Tea Leoni was just such a charmer. I used to dislike her quite a bit because she married my favourite Agent Fox Mulder (AKA David Duchovny) from X-Files. I've since grown up and gotten over it. Cheers for me. :)
We had sushi for a quick dinner before the movie. I couldn't resist ordering my favourite Salmon Sashimi.
I'm not sure why the served the sashimi on a red plate. It's as if they didn't want us to find the salmon!
I know this picture is very incriminating but I AM NOT A SHOPAHOLIC. Boxing Day sales are the best! I wouldn't mind spending Boxing Day here again. I'd also be doing a great enconomic contribution to the Australian retail sector. *winks*PS: I'm going to stay over at Halls Gap for tomorrow night! Will be back in Melbourne on Wednesday in the evening. Will be missing you guys... especially YOU! ;)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home