Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Graduation Celebration

Today was my graduation day!

My parents and I took the shuttle bus down to the city. We had a late lunch as the graduation ceremony was going to end quite late.

As we walked past the State Library of Victoria, there were so many students posing for photos in their graduation gowns. It was an amusing sight.

After lunch, my mum bought a bouquet of roses for me.

My lovely bouquet of roses! Ten roses for $20. Not too bad I guess. Just wished it came with other flowers.

We went to grab some coffee before heading to the graduation ceremony. I'm posing with my flowers at a coffee place near the florist.

We took the tram to Telstra Dome where my graduation ceremony was going to take place. I haven't been there before! Not even for footy. Don't ask me why the graduation ceremony is being held at a football stadium. It puzzles me too.

Telstra Dome. It was buzzing with so many people!

My parents and I posing outside at the gates. I have more pictures taken out here but they are in my mum's camera....

We went into the stadium at around 6:15pm. Students were required to register by 6:45pm. Latecomers might be turned away. We quickly located my designated stage (there were 14 stages in all). I was seated at Stage B, Seat BN03.

The colour of the Applied Science faculty is called Honeysuckle. It's actually just a fancy name for cream.

Found some of my coursemates. Me, Helena and Yang. The girl who helped us to take this photo commented that we were standing in an ascending order of height. LOL.

The graduation started promptly at 7:30pm which was quite suprising. I guess most of the students were actually punctual. We had to endure a very long ceremony for the all the PhD students as they were deemed to have achieved the highest accolade that could be attained at RMIT University. Bloody bloody long.

I didn't trip on the stage thank god. My mum said the name that appeared on the screen was not mine when I was on the stage. !@#$%^$@$@$@#$@$

I shouldn't have ordered the DVD in this case. Sigh.

I saw one student taking a photo with the director of the School of Computing and Information Technology as he was on the stage recieving his diploma. I couldn't believe he did that! I thought that was really quite daring of him!

And the last guy to receive his diploma actually gave the director a hug and a kiss on the cheek! Ewwwwwww!

After all the certs were given out, all graduates were invited for a toast. Champagne and beer. How appropriately Australian it was.

After the ceremony ended, all family and friends were invited to join in for the reception.

My parents deserve a good pat on the back for sitting through the mindless graduation ceremony that took two and a half hours.

Not long after, I was trying to make my way to look for Pam and Junior at aisle 10 when I bumped into my course mates.

Which resulted in more photo-taking. So many camera flashes. My eyes were seeing stars.

I then proceeded to look for Pam and Junior.... Only to bump into them as well!

But they had already taken off their graduation gowns. #$@$@$#@!#~##

My mum's excellent photography taking skills cropped off both of our scrolls.

I look so red in this picture! Must have been the champagne.....

After all this running around, my course mates decided to go for a late dinner at Shark's Fin Inn.

There were 17 of us, including Ka's family and friends and Rudy's family.

The carpark was so congested that it took us nearly 20 minutes to drive out of the carpark.

Once we all arrived at the restaurant, all the parents were seated at a table and the rest took another. After a careful brainstorming session, my friends and I ordered about nine dishes.

The waiter asked if we were ordering for the other table as well, and we said no we weren't. The waiter went over to the other table to take their seperate order, but Ka's dad quickly told the waiter to split some of our dishes with them. I thought that was quite smart! Haha...

Rudy's sister's boyfriend, Rudy's sister, Jose and Rudy!

Ka, Me and Wanda.

Lobster Noodles. This was the only food picture I took that night as my fingers became too oily for pictures subsequently...

In the end, guess how much the bill came to?

.

.

.

.

.

AUD$646!!!


That's the most expensive meal of my life.

PS: My mum commented that both of my friends' family are rich and affluent people. Ka's from Hong Kong and Rudy's from Indonesia. She was so concious about revealing our income status that she just decided to keep asking questions about themselves instead! Haha.

2 Comments:

Blogger Merv Kwok said...

congratulations! now for the harsher, bitter world of work life hehe.

just joking

15 December, 2005 11:00  
Blogger saccha said...

*hangs head* :(

15 December, 2005 20:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home