Friday, December 16, 2005

Off to Tassie

Today was a good day!

The only boo boo was that I went back to sleep after my mum had given me a morning call which delayed our schedule by about 20 minutes.

I drove my parents to Clifton Hills along Queens Parade for a late breakfast. One thing I've learnt from past experiences with my parents is that they dislike to make decisions. As I've learnt from their previous visit here, I can't ask them what they want to eat or where they want to go because if I don't decide for them, we wouldn't be able to get anything done! Hence today was good because I knew where I wanted to go and which restaurant I was going to take them to. That saved us a lot of unecessary trouble and undue stress.

We had a typical Aussie breakfast. Bacon, eggs, hashbrown, toast and grilled mushrooms. My mum only had a fruit salad and pick some off my plate.

We met Quoth back at my place after breakfast.

The trip to the Healsville Sanctuary was quite pleasant. It was a nice weather today for it as well. We managed to catch the Birds of Prey show which I had missed the other time. The show was good despite some birds being a little distracted by the so-called wild eagles that were circling in the sky.

After the trip, it was dinner at Poppy's Thai. I was intending to go to the one at Burwood, but Quoth remembered there was a closer one to Healesville. We later learnt that there was just one down the road off Marondah Highway thanks to a phone call to my trusty boyfriend.

Apparently much to Quoth's delight, I had completely forgotten to take the pictures of the food we ordered!

I only remembered after my mum said, "Girl, 你睛天没有拍照啊 (not taking photos today) ?"

Why couldn't have she made this remark earlier? Sigh.

We ordered Thai Green Chicken Curry, Pad Thai with Prawns, Grilled Chicken Satay, Tom Yum Vegetable Soup, Stir-fry Vegetable in Fish Sauce and Coconut Rice.

I only managed to salvage two photos of the desserts.

Banana Pudding with Coconut Ice-Cream

Egg Custard with Coconut Ice-Cream

I thought the food was better than the time I ate at Poopy's Thai in Burwood although we didn't order any of the same dishes. The overall taste of the food just felt nicer. Perhaps we just ordered the right dishes this time.

Alrighty. I can't post more pictures because I need to go pack. We're heading off to Hobart for four days tomorrow. We'll be back on Tuesday night.

I'll be back with more pictures! *winks*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home