Rain, Rain
The drought situation has gotten more promising. It's been raining here for the whole day or rather pouring I should say. Well, at least since from the time I woke up which was a good 12 hours ago. It should have been like this months ago. I remember vividly that last year when I arrived in Feburary, it was already raining consistently. By April, the rain had gotten more intense and it got really dreary. Then came June, the sun was in hibernation and it became really depressing. A stark contrast from this year as it has only started raining this month! Let's just hope this delayed rainfall is enough to salvage the current dire drought situation.
Anyone want to help me do my dishes? I'll pay!

My clothing clutter problem, need a solution:

Cause of clothing clutter problem - shopping-addiction:

I was cheated of my Russell Crowe Letterman episode tonight again as well. So infuritating! Why can't they just air that bloody episode. They aired the epidsode that came after the Russell Crowe one which had Katie Holmes. She was promoting her new movie Batman Begins and of course her relationship with her newly acquired boyfriend, Tom Cruise. Knowing Tom Cruise has a new movie soon to be relased as well (War of the Worlds), Letterman got a little cheeky and asked her if there was only one movie she could pick, which one would she choose?
She didn't answer the question of course.
I came across this hilarious webpage, you must check it out! - Woman Driver Olympics
Quoth(ie) was supposed to deliver my dinner tonight by 10pm. It reached at nearly 2am! By then, I had changed my order three times. I almost dozed off while waiting for it watching Celebrities Uncensored. Thank god it was a 24-hour Maccas. He strangely noted that it was packed and they were mostly Indians! Even the security guard was Indian apparently. I guess there's just no where to go after 9pm over here, besides clubbing of course and gambling at Crown, so they just decided to congregate at a 24-hour Macdonald's.
Karen's laptop has also been fixed. All reformatted and fully installed with the programmes that she needs. Just a small boo-boo that happened - her AC adaptor burnt out and she had to buy a new one from eBay. Poor gal, plagued with so many laptop woes! Anyway, her new AC adaptor is on the way, hopefully by Monday or Tuesday.
Quoth(ie) finally booked his ticket to Singapore! After pestering him for a whole month to submit his application to renew his passport and to book the ticket, everything has been confirmed. To tell you the truth, I almost thought he wasn't going to make it. I'm kinda impressed that everything managed to fall into place in the end. Really good job!
I'll have to think of touristy places that might interest him. I figured that I better do some homework because of my previous exprience as a "tour guide". I took Robin around, an Aussie friend from Melbourne, I actually told him to meet me at Macdonald's near Braddell MRT Station. Quite embarassing, I know. Out of all places, I had to choose a neighbourhood Macdonald's in Singapore as a meeting place that he could easily find in Melbourne. I have to say that I was only about 17 years old then and I was still quite socially-inept. And if I remember correctly, I just extracted 4 of my pre-molars for my braces and wasn't really in a social mood.
My friend Jamie works with Duck Tours, so I might hook up with her for the tour. And there also the Hippo tour that I might consider. After thinking through all the places that might be interesting, I realised that I haven't really been to some of these places myself. I haven't really been to Little India before, only for lunch at Racecourse Road and a drive through Serangoon Road most of the time. Never been inside the temples either. I can't remember the last time I was at the Singapore Zoological Gardens as well. I use to go there almost every year when I was in primary and secondary school. After that, I don't I have ever gone back there again. I've only been to the Night Safari once in my life.
Quoth(ie) mentioned something about historical sites. After a long delibration due to my failing memory and poor knowledge of Singaporean history, Fort Canning Park came to mind. I don't think I've ever gone there since my childhood days! I remembered that my brother's school was nearby - ACS Primary - and my dad used to take me there while we waited to pick my brother up from school.
I keep raving about the Merlion at One Fullerton to Quoth(ie). Perfect location for photo-taking. However, he's not impressed with the Merlion that spouts water. A wrong combination of creatures he says. I just think the light at night makes it really magical and somewhat majestic with Fullerton Hotel sitting in the background.
Any other places to recommend to me? I'm all ears! Otherwise, I'll just be taking him all around Orchard to do my shopping...
PS: 5 more days till Perth!! Oooooh! Can't wait!! :)
Anyone want to help me do my dishes? I'll pay!

My clothing clutter problem, need a solution:

Cause of clothing clutter problem - shopping-addiction:

I was cheated of my Russell Crowe Letterman episode tonight again as well. So infuritating! Why can't they just air that bloody episode. They aired the epidsode that came after the Russell Crowe one which had Katie Holmes. She was promoting her new movie Batman Begins and of course her relationship with her newly acquired boyfriend, Tom Cruise. Knowing Tom Cruise has a new movie soon to be relased as well (War of the Worlds), Letterman got a little cheeky and asked her if there was only one movie she could pick, which one would she choose?
She didn't answer the question of course.
I came across this hilarious webpage, you must check it out! - Woman Driver Olympics
Quoth(ie) was supposed to deliver my dinner tonight by 10pm. It reached at nearly 2am! By then, I had changed my order three times. I almost dozed off while waiting for it watching Celebrities Uncensored. Thank god it was a 24-hour Maccas. He strangely noted that it was packed and they were mostly Indians! Even the security guard was Indian apparently. I guess there's just no where to go after 9pm over here, besides clubbing of course and gambling at Crown, so they just decided to congregate at a 24-hour Macdonald's.
Karen's laptop has also been fixed. All reformatted and fully installed with the programmes that she needs. Just a small boo-boo that happened - her AC adaptor burnt out and she had to buy a new one from eBay. Poor gal, plagued with so many laptop woes! Anyway, her new AC adaptor is on the way, hopefully by Monday or Tuesday.
Quoth(ie) finally booked his ticket to Singapore! After pestering him for a whole month to submit his application to renew his passport and to book the ticket, everything has been confirmed. To tell you the truth, I almost thought he wasn't going to make it. I'm kinda impressed that everything managed to fall into place in the end. Really good job!
I'll have to think of touristy places that might interest him. I figured that I better do some homework because of my previous exprience as a "tour guide". I took Robin around, an Aussie friend from Melbourne, I actually told him to meet me at Macdonald's near Braddell MRT Station. Quite embarassing, I know. Out of all places, I had to choose a neighbourhood Macdonald's in Singapore as a meeting place that he could easily find in Melbourne. I have to say that I was only about 17 years old then and I was still quite socially-inept. And if I remember correctly, I just extracted 4 of my pre-molars for my braces and wasn't really in a social mood.
My friend Jamie works with Duck Tours, so I might hook up with her for the tour. And there also the Hippo tour that I might consider. After thinking through all the places that might be interesting, I realised that I haven't really been to some of these places myself. I haven't really been to Little India before, only for lunch at Racecourse Road and a drive through Serangoon Road most of the time. Never been inside the temples either. I can't remember the last time I was at the Singapore Zoological Gardens as well. I use to go there almost every year when I was in primary and secondary school. After that, I don't I have ever gone back there again. I've only been to the Night Safari once in my life.
Quoth(ie) mentioned something about historical sites. After a long delibration due to my failing memory and poor knowledge of Singaporean history, Fort Canning Park came to mind. I don't think I've ever gone there since my childhood days! I remembered that my brother's school was nearby - ACS Primary - and my dad used to take me there while we waited to pick my brother up from school.
I keep raving about the Merlion at One Fullerton to Quoth(ie). Perfect location for photo-taking. However, he's not impressed with the Merlion that spouts water. A wrong combination of creatures he says. I just think the light at night makes it really magical and somewhat majestic with Fullerton Hotel sitting in the background.
Any other places to recommend to me? I'm all ears! Otherwise, I'll just be taking him all around Orchard to do my shopping...
PS: 5 more days till Perth!! Oooooh! Can't wait!! :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home