Power of Procrastination
After logging off last night relatively early, I probably slept at around 4:30am thereabouts. Considerably good attempt I gather, however, the results were deplorable. I ended up tossing and turning in bed until the time on my microwave glowed till 6:00am. I told myself I'm still not asleep by 6:30am, I'll catch the 7:10am bus to the city.
And I did.
I nearly screwed myself for forgetting my wallet and coin purse. Luckily my instincts kicked in just in time, I went up to retrieve the items before the bus was scheduled to go. As the bus started, a girl sitting in front of me suggested that they tuned in on the news channel, for the verdict about the Michael Jackson trial. It was to be broadcasted live on the radio. I guess it's not secret now. Acquitted on all 10 charges! Yet another celebrity got away with it again.
When I reached the city, I wanted to print some notes for tomorrow's exam. The first printer was was out of toner, so I went to another where the printer seemed to be functioning well. Only to discover that it was clogged with a list of files waiting to be printed dating back to at least two days ago. I was getting very discouraged by the turn of events so far, almost bordering desperate. This wouldn't have happened if I went to the Bundoora Campus! Then I discovered another network printer which seemed to have capable printing abilities. The problem was I couldn't locate it! Infuritating.
I decided to have breakfast and a much needed glass of cafe latte, and come back to the labs later:

It was a bacon-egg pizza slice.
As I was munching away, I caught sight of my photography teacher, and I quickly caught her attention and informed her that I wanted to collect my portfolio from her. She said she would be in until 1:30pm.
Next, I went to Queen Victoria Market again to get the macadamia nuts for melmel and nougat for my mum. Guess who I found? The ah-pek that I had been looking for! I looked around the shop and realised that actually all the adjacent shops looked familiar, I wonder how I could have missed him in the first place.
Another thing is that I realised that I've been decribing them as metal plates, but there are actually plastic!
And these were what I got:

Note that the date engraved is July 2004. Now you know the power of procrastination. *grins sheepishly*
Got back to uni and headed to collect my portfolio from my teacher. Found her at building 7.
And she forgot my name.
I named my portfolio "Australia LAH!" - signifying my "interpretation" of Australia through the eyes of a Singaporean. She asked for the Australian equivalent of "lah" before, but my shallow grasp of Aussie was inadequate for me to give her an answer.
We started to talk about Singapore. How she really enjoyed the warm climate in Singapore, how the shops opened till late at night, and the ease of getting quality cheap food in abundance. Basically everything that Melbourne isn't. I rebutted with how expensive the cars are in Singapore, how everywhere is crowded, how stifling it feels sometimes.
I'd call it even.
Finally with all the errands done, I found myself a nice, quiet and brightly lit spot in the corner of the library and stayed there till I completed going through all my assignments. I got a little sleepy towards the end of the last few tutorials, was a real struggle to keep awake.
On my way home, I bought a packet of you ji fan (Soya Sauce Chicken Rice) for my lunch tomorrow. It was from the shop that I got a newly minted dollar coin:

So shiny. Just minted this year. I'm going to keep it. My lucky penny! Haha :P
Early night for tonight, I'm f*cking tired, laters~
And I did.
I nearly screwed myself for forgetting my wallet and coin purse. Luckily my instincts kicked in just in time, I went up to retrieve the items before the bus was scheduled to go. As the bus started, a girl sitting in front of me suggested that they tuned in on the news channel, for the verdict about the Michael Jackson trial. It was to be broadcasted live on the radio. I guess it's not secret now. Acquitted on all 10 charges! Yet another celebrity got away with it again.
When I reached the city, I wanted to print some notes for tomorrow's exam. The first printer was was out of toner, so I went to another where the printer seemed to be functioning well. Only to discover that it was clogged with a list of files waiting to be printed dating back to at least two days ago. I was getting very discouraged by the turn of events so far, almost bordering desperate. This wouldn't have happened if I went to the Bundoora Campus! Then I discovered another network printer which seemed to have capable printing abilities. The problem was I couldn't locate it! Infuritating.
I decided to have breakfast and a much needed glass of cafe latte, and come back to the labs later:

It was a bacon-egg pizza slice.
As I was munching away, I caught sight of my photography teacher, and I quickly caught her attention and informed her that I wanted to collect my portfolio from her. She said she would be in until 1:30pm.
Next, I went to Queen Victoria Market again to get the macadamia nuts for melmel and nougat for my mum. Guess who I found? The ah-pek that I had been looking for! I looked around the shop and realised that actually all the adjacent shops looked familiar, I wonder how I could have missed him in the first place.
Another thing is that I realised that I've been decribing them as metal plates, but there are actually plastic!
And these were what I got:

Note that the date engraved is July 2004. Now you know the power of procrastination. *grins sheepishly*
Got back to uni and headed to collect my portfolio from my teacher. Found her at building 7.
And she forgot my name.
I named my portfolio "Australia LAH!" - signifying my "interpretation" of Australia through the eyes of a Singaporean. She asked for the Australian equivalent of "lah" before, but my shallow grasp of Aussie was inadequate for me to give her an answer.
We started to talk about Singapore. How she really enjoyed the warm climate in Singapore, how the shops opened till late at night, and the ease of getting quality cheap food in abundance. Basically everything that Melbourne isn't. I rebutted with how expensive the cars are in Singapore, how everywhere is crowded, how stifling it feels sometimes.
I'd call it even.
Finally with all the errands done, I found myself a nice, quiet and brightly lit spot in the corner of the library and stayed there till I completed going through all my assignments. I got a little sleepy towards the end of the last few tutorials, was a real struggle to keep awake.
On my way home, I bought a packet of you ji fan (Soya Sauce Chicken Rice) for my lunch tomorrow. It was from the shop that I got a newly minted dollar coin:

So shiny. Just minted this year. I'm going to keep it. My lucky penny! Haha :P
Early night for tonight, I'm f*cking tired, laters~


2 Comments:
good job sharon... we finally see the melbourne 2004 plate!!alth its long over dued, but still its worth the wait... looks nice!! but i forgot which color i wanted... u still have the list??
ehhh, no i don't have the list leh. i also can't remember, but you all can just choose lah, i'll just take the last one :P
Post a Comment
<< Home