A Day at Queen Victoria Market
I was awoken this morning by the incessant sounds from what seemed like a loud group of burly men by the pool side laughing like a bunch of intoxicated hyenas. My first instinct was to think that it was already late evening and I had overslept by a huge mile as usual. Then I turned and glanced at my clock. It was only noon. Not too bad for a start I thought. Then I remember I was supposed to leave home an hour ago for Queen Victoria Market!
Anyway, I took the tram down to the city. Still fuming over how my boyfriend got confused with the time he had to call me again. I messaged my friend Jody to enquire about the operating hours of Queen Victoria Market. She said that it should be three and I shouldn't have to worry, I'll make it there in time. I started to fume less.
I quickly located the stall I was looking for:

I bought the very addictive honey roasted macadamia nuts and some salted cashews. I started to feel more assured that I will still have time to browse the other shops.
Queued up for some spanish donuts:

There was the crowd huddling in front of the shop. There was this guy who jumped the queue when he was second in line, what pissed me off was that he was still served normally by the staff. I'm pretty sure the concept of a queue is pretty simple.
Finally got my bag of donuts:

They were really yummy. If you ever visit Melbourne, you've gotta try these donuts! Ask for lots of icing sugar, else you'll just be eating fried flour sticks.
I walked around to look for the ah-pek (old man) that my friends and I saw the previous time to custom make the metal plates with all our names on it. I walked down every aisle and couldn't find him! Sigh.. I will be dropping by another day again, he might just be in on certain days.
I bought a couple of T-shirts for my friends and a long-sleeves pink top for myself! My top was just $15! I thought it was a good deal. I'm gonna pack it in my luggage and bring it to Perth! Hehe.
After an hour or so, I was exhausted. My shoulders were seriously aching from carrying more than kilo worth of nuts around the whole market. I decided to indulge myself in an artery-clogging bratwurst (german sausage) topped with onions, cheese and tomato sauce. Mmmmmmmm. It was satisfying but felt so sinful.

I took the tram back to the city and caught sight of some heavy duty construction.


About two blocks worth of tram tracks were under renovation works. I don't think I've ever seen a single road work stretching so far. I'm quite sure this distruption is only until tomorrow, so I guess they are running on a tight schedule.
I went to Chinatown - Russell Street to get some pork buns (cha shao bao) for Quoth(ie) and then got on the tram home! I was dozing off during the last few stops, luckily I managed to alight at my designated stop.
I bumped into Quoth(ie) in the lobby. He came by to drop off something for Karen. He was going to leave right after because he totally forgot that I got pork buns for him from the city. I guess it was fate that we were to bump into each other at the lobby and he was destined to have his pork buns tonight. He ate three pork buns right it front of me and even managed a burp. Not bad for someone who forgets to eat and lives on a meal a day most of the time.
I'm in the middle of packing my luggage for Perth. I should get to it because there's a huge pile of clothes sitting on my bed. Need to get rid of it so that I can get some sleep!
Laters~
PS: Do you think I should stop posting such lengthy entries?
Anyway, I took the tram down to the city. Still fuming over how my boyfriend got confused with the time he had to call me again. I messaged my friend Jody to enquire about the operating hours of Queen Victoria Market. She said that it should be three and I shouldn't have to worry, I'll make it there in time. I started to fume less.
I quickly located the stall I was looking for:

I bought the very addictive honey roasted macadamia nuts and some salted cashews. I started to feel more assured that I will still have time to browse the other shops.
Queued up for some spanish donuts:

There was the crowd huddling in front of the shop. There was this guy who jumped the queue when he was second in line, what pissed me off was that he was still served normally by the staff. I'm pretty sure the concept of a queue is pretty simple.
Finally got my bag of donuts:

They were really yummy. If you ever visit Melbourne, you've gotta try these donuts! Ask for lots of icing sugar, else you'll just be eating fried flour sticks.
I walked around to look for the ah-pek (old man) that my friends and I saw the previous time to custom make the metal plates with all our names on it. I walked down every aisle and couldn't find him! Sigh.. I will be dropping by another day again, he might just be in on certain days.
I bought a couple of T-shirts for my friends and a long-sleeves pink top for myself! My top was just $15! I thought it was a good deal. I'm gonna pack it in my luggage and bring it to Perth! Hehe.
After an hour or so, I was exhausted. My shoulders were seriously aching from carrying more than kilo worth of nuts around the whole market. I decided to indulge myself in an artery-clogging bratwurst (german sausage) topped with onions, cheese and tomato sauce. Mmmmmmmm. It was satisfying but felt so sinful.

I took the tram back to the city and caught sight of some heavy duty construction.


About two blocks worth of tram tracks were under renovation works. I don't think I've ever seen a single road work stretching so far. I'm quite sure this distruption is only until tomorrow, so I guess they are running on a tight schedule.
I went to Chinatown - Russell Street to get some pork buns (cha shao bao) for Quoth(ie) and then got on the tram home! I was dozing off during the last few stops, luckily I managed to alight at my designated stop.
I bumped into Quoth(ie) in the lobby. He came by to drop off something for Karen. He was going to leave right after because he totally forgot that I got pork buns for him from the city. I guess it was fate that we were to bump into each other at the lobby and he was destined to have his pork buns tonight. He ate three pork buns right it front of me and even managed a burp. Not bad for someone who forgets to eat and lives on a meal a day most of the time.
I'm in the middle of packing my luggage for Perth. I should get to it because there's a huge pile of clothes sitting on my bed. Need to get rid of it so that I can get some sleep!
Laters~
PS: Do you think I should stop posting such lengthy entries?


4 Comments:
Darling,
I like your long posts. They make me feel like I'm participating in your day. However the posting times worry me. Why are you still up at 2 a.m. in the morning?
my darling is a vampire?
Is there something about you I should know about?
haha.. yeah its so late liao.. but i think you r improving rite.. trying to sleep earlier like 2 or 3 am instead of 5 or 6am?
anyway i forgot to ask u to help me get the honey roasted macadania nuts..u just reminded me of how nice they taste.. hehe how much r they?
Haha dar dar, I think I'm just too excited about going to Perth and Singapore so I can't sleep at night. It's like the more I try to sleep early the later I end up sleeping...
Honey roasted macadamia nuts are $35 a kilogram, Mel! I bought 600g for $21. A bit pricey but it's good stuff! Let me know if you want okay. I can still buy for you because I need to go to the city to get some Nougat for my mum...
I'll try not to post so late already lah. Not sure how long more I can keep posting like that everyday!
yeah.. can help me get the macadamia nuts.. 600g alot anot? I dont wanna get so much or too little.. hahaa..
Post a Comment
<< Home