Caffeinated
Sorry about the lack of updates. I have had just about six measly hours of sleep in the last forty-eight hours. That’s with the help of about six cups of English Breakfast, two café lattes and a large Coke from Hungry Jack’s (It’s Burger King actually, Australians just strive to be different where ever they can as opposed to following the common crowd).
I have had been working on two assignment deadlines which were both due on Sunday at 23:59 hours. One was this website that I had to create using PHP and HTML/CSS and the other was the flyer and presentation slides I needed for another assignment which is also a website.
Firstly, I realise that it probably would have fared better if I had bothered to start the PHP assignment earlier in the semester, after all it had been released wayyyyy back in April. It really makes me wonder exactly what sh*t that I had been doing since the start of the semester. Anyway, I probably won’t come to any good conclusion going down that road. Secondly, I could have probably chosen not to watch two movies (Kingdom of Heaven and Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith) during the week of which my multiple assignments were due.
There you go, two lessons learnt, I guess this is why people say that life’s full of lessons (maybe they just forgot to mention that the lessons were all the same), although I’ve probably had learnt this lesson many times in my six years of primary school education, four years of secondary education and three years of tertiary education.
Straight after my Sunday submissions, I started to work on the other website which was due earlier today. I had the presentation and a ten-minute system demonstration. I had imagined that it would come across rather dismal considering that 75% of the website was completed during the past three days. I wouldn’t even go into the dodgy coding and programming style but most of my apprehension comes from what seems to be like the lack of functionality. There just wasn’t anything flashy, just mostly simple database operations scattered around. But thankfully I managed to survive the presentation, God must have been watching out for me. The apparent the lack of functionality seemed to have gone unnoticed with the audience. Perhaps it was the bright and colourful interface that distracted them from the obvious. Well, at least something did what it was suppose to do.
This is not the end yet! On Friday I have a 30-page report due then a photography portfolio and an 800-word photographic critique due next Monday, not to mention that my Italian written test is also just around the corner. I see an urgent need for KTV and shopping therapy soon. Now if all of you shall excuse me, I’m going hit the sack now and sleep on it. ;)
I have had been working on two assignment deadlines which were both due on Sunday at 23:59 hours. One was this website that I had to create using PHP and HTML/CSS and the other was the flyer and presentation slides I needed for another assignment which is also a website.
Firstly, I realise that it probably would have fared better if I had bothered to start the PHP assignment earlier in the semester, after all it had been released wayyyyy back in April. It really makes me wonder exactly what sh*t that I had been doing since the start of the semester. Anyway, I probably won’t come to any good conclusion going down that road. Secondly, I could have probably chosen not to watch two movies (Kingdom of Heaven and Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith) during the week of which my multiple assignments were due.
There you go, two lessons learnt, I guess this is why people say that life’s full of lessons (maybe they just forgot to mention that the lessons were all the same), although I’ve probably had learnt this lesson many times in my six years of primary school education, four years of secondary education and three years of tertiary education.
Straight after my Sunday submissions, I started to work on the other website which was due earlier today. I had the presentation and a ten-minute system demonstration. I had imagined that it would come across rather dismal considering that 75% of the website was completed during the past three days. I wouldn’t even go into the dodgy coding and programming style but most of my apprehension comes from what seems to be like the lack of functionality. There just wasn’t anything flashy, just mostly simple database operations scattered around. But thankfully I managed to survive the presentation, God must have been watching out for me. The apparent the lack of functionality seemed to have gone unnoticed with the audience. Perhaps it was the bright and colourful interface that distracted them from the obvious. Well, at least something did what it was suppose to do.
This is not the end yet! On Friday I have a 30-page report due then a photography portfolio and an 800-word photographic critique due next Monday, not to mention that my Italian written test is also just around the corner. I see an urgent need for KTV and shopping therapy soon. Now if all of you shall excuse me, I’m going hit the sack now and sleep on it. ;)


2 Comments:
Oh man, you're so dead... I mean, I should be sounding more supportive, but damn you're so dead, haha. That 30 page report thing is crazy... You need good luck chwee kueh, haha..
- Jus
Haha, I don't need you to point that out you know. There's so many things I'd rather do than a 30-page report. But I'm not as worried about the report lah, I'm pretty sure I can come up with the crap for the report in time. LOL. You know after that chwee kueh post, it just made my cravings worse!
Post a Comment
<< Home