Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Brothers and Sisters

Hey guys, I'm so sorry for not blogging much lately. Please do accept my apology. I've been working all week and even over the weekend. I try as much as I can to balance my social and working life. I always try to live by a rule which is to do what makes you happy, within means of course. Therefore, I guess it explains the lack of opportunity to blog lately.

Actually, I was working on a blog entry about a Scrabulous Tutorial 101 but it's quite a comprehensive update which is essential in transferring all my knowledge about playing Scrabulous.

The other thing I've been busy with is this drama and comedy combined series called Brothers and Sisters. It's a story that revolves around the lives of a family of three brothers and two sisters. The drama starts to come about when their father died suddenly revealing that he had kept a mistress for the past 20 years. It shows how the entire family pulls together to draw strength from one another. Little were did they expect to find out that their father had a daughter with his mistress as well. It's an series with an exceptional cast as well. Sally Fields plays the mother of the family that brings out so much richness into the story. Calista Flockhart reminds me of Ally Macbeal except that she's into politics instead of law now.

After my brother moved out, it really makes me feel like having a big family. Having a big family brings you such warmth and closeness just makes me feel like you can never really feel alone. I grew up watching American TV so much that I thought I could really live like them. However, I soon grew to know that being an American TV junkie caused a big gap between me and my parents. We couldn't think on the same wavelength and we couldn't really connect.

My parents are not very open with their feelings. They like to suppress their feelings whereas I can cry buckets while watching a TV drama. I guess that happens when you watch too much TV growing up. My mum doesn't like me to cry and when ever I cry in front of her she would chide me for crying and not console me for being upset. I really don't think there's a way to bridge this gap anymore. I just constantly tell myself that the way my parents do things do not intentionally mean to hurt. They just show their love in a different way and it takes time to accept the differences.

Living with repressed feelings hasn't been easy, but there are certain things in life that I've come to understand, can't be changed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home