Monday, May 28, 2007

Basil Alcove

Weny and I have been occassionally lunching at this cosy little pasta place near our office. (It's usually when we are feeling really lazy to walk because this place is just two streets down from our office.)

They have two daily set meals that comes with a drink of ice peach tea and soup of the day. The meals usually cost between $9.80 to $11.90 which is considered relatively affordable for an occassional treat.

Here I am posing with my lunch, picture courtesy of Weny using the phone camera of my Nokia 7390. I guess you can call this alfresco dining, since we're sitting outdoors just outside the shop front!

Up close with my lunch, Baked Salmon with Rice. Actually shouldn't it be Salmon Baked Rice? The baked rice can be described as simple yet satisfying. The ingredients were light enough to fill you up and yet not make you feel like puking after finishing the whole plate of rice. That usually happens to me after eating Italian food...

I wasn't really intending to blog a review about it so I didn't snap the picture of the soup and Weny's main course. Anyway, she had Bratwurst with Penne and Cream Sauce. It was actually Bratwurst Aglio on the chalk board but we later realised that they wrote wrongly too late!

Basil Alcove
190 Middle Road
Fortune Centre
Singapore 188979
Tel/Fax: 6336 1318
Email: basil_alcove@yahoo.com

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Davina said...

you're gonna miss all this cheap food when you come back to melbourne.

28 May, 2007 20:33  
Blogger saccha said...

oh well. win some, lose some.

29 May, 2007 12:02  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FREE ADVERTISING. Just like M2B. fwahahahahahha.

29 May, 2007 12:25  
Blogger saccha said...

oh i know it's you weny, no one else in the company laughs like that

29 May, 2007 22:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home