Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Queeg's Wedding

On the morning of Queeg's wedding, I had overslept.

I had intended to get up at 7:30am and leave home by 9am.

The wedding was starting at 11am and the venue was about an hour's drive but we were not sure of the way so we decided to give ourselves some time for buffer.

I was awaken by a call from Angie at 8:20am which only gave me 40 miserable minutes to shower, get dressed and do my hair and make-up! Needless to say, it was almost an impossible feat considering I had scheduled 90 minutes for it!

Somehow I managed to get everything ready by 9:15am. I guess there are certain things that were compromised - like my hair and my face!

As we drove further and further from Melbourne, the sky started to get very dark.

The drive to the venue was pretty smooth. We didn't get lost or anything. Angie was an excellent navigator. I got both of us there alive. Impressive huh? *winks*

The longer I drove the more I wondered why Queeg picked such an isolated destination for his wedding! How would anyone get there without a car?

When we reached the lavender farm I was really relieved. It was the futherest I had driven in my life!

The lovely lavender bushes that littered the farm! I guess Queeg really wanted somewhere special for the wedding.

The entire area was full of flowers and greenery. I guess you can't really have a wedding without flowers, can you?

Just before the wedding began, it started to drizzle. I didn't really get a good view of the wedding service as we seated in the back rows. As the service began, you could hear the sounds of distant thunder. I prayed sliently to myself that the lightning would not be anywhere near us!

The bride and groom, Sim Yee and Robin - whom I've been affectionately calling Queeg! Everyone go "awwwwwwww"! Sorry I went a little crazy with the stars. I should have done hearts around the picture.

Walking down the aisle.


The bridesmaids with the bride. Two of the bridesmaid are Sim Yee's cousins who flew in from Sydney and the other is her University housemate from Malaysia! So sweet for all of them to make their way here.. :)

There was a light reception after the wedding service, I warmed myself up with a cup of hot tea!

We then realised that the bridal car was just beside us!

...And so I decided to pose beside the car!


Robin's brother took this picture. We were asked to write down our messages for the guest book! I think my head looks kinda misplaced here. I was hunching over the chair!

Sim Yee was commenting that she's been so cold that she's already numbed!

I stole a moment with the bride.

The wedding cake! Home made by one of Queeg's relative. Looks so professionally done! I'm so impressed. The Chinese words means - "Unite our hearts until our heads turn white" - It sounds much better in Mandarin!

Cake cutting! Awwwww. What a sweet moment.

The bouquet throwing thingy! Guess who caught it?

It's our dearest Angie!


Last but not least I'll leave you with a picture of me! Hehe

PS: Though you don't really see it, there was a lot of fly swatting involved in this outdoor summer wedding!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home