Japanese Stonegrill
I met Queeg's fiancee in the city today.
She arrived from Malaysia about 2 weeks ago and she has been feeling bored ever since. Afterall she has nothing to do everyday except for a wedding to plan. She wants to get out of the house more often but Queeg doesn't feel that it's safe for her to wonder around by herself. She complains that Queeg doesn't take her around.
I hope she manages to find a way to adjust to the life here.
I guess it's true. I didn't really wonder around that much when I first arrived as well. Everything just seemed so foreign. So unfamiliar. I just didn't there to go places. Thank goodness for beanpole, my ex-hostel mate who has since returned to Singapore to start on her SGD$2500.00 a month salary, who coaxed me out of my shell and brought me around Melbourne.
Every Friday we looked forward for our movie and shopping outings and yum cha sessions.
Those were the days man.
So now I'm a reformed shopaholic and self-declared tai tai wannabe.
(Beanpole, what have you done?)
Anyway, we went for dinner at this Japanese Stonegrill Restaurant at The Paramount along Bourke Street.
This is a stonegrill set. I ordered chicken. I believe it's the easiest cut of meat to manage. Beef tends to get too overcook sometimes.
The chicken comes sizzling on the stonegrill. It's made up of some form of volcanic rock of sorts I have been told.
The five different sauces that come with the set. There's soya sauce with vinegar, tomato salsa, sesame sauce, wasabi mayonaise and teriyaki sauce.
Salmon Sashimi. Yum. I could eat this forever. Heaven would be a sashimi buffet.
Address:
Level 1, Shop 2,
Paramount Shopping Centre
101 Littl Bourke Street
Melbourne, 3000
Tel: 03-9639 3226
She arrived from Malaysia about 2 weeks ago and she has been feeling bored ever since. Afterall she has nothing to do everyday except for a wedding to plan. She wants to get out of the house more often but Queeg doesn't feel that it's safe for her to wonder around by herself. She complains that Queeg doesn't take her around.
I hope she manages to find a way to adjust to the life here.
I guess it's true. I didn't really wonder around that much when I first arrived as well. Everything just seemed so foreign. So unfamiliar. I just didn't there to go places. Thank goodness for beanpole, my ex-hostel mate who has since returned to Singapore to start on her SGD$2500.00 a month salary, who coaxed me out of my shell and brought me around Melbourne.
Every Friday we looked forward for our movie and shopping outings and yum cha sessions.
Those were the days man.
So now I'm a reformed shopaholic and self-declared tai tai wannabe.
(Beanpole, what have you done?)
Anyway, we went for dinner at this Japanese Stonegrill Restaurant at The Paramount along Bourke Street.
This is a stonegrill set. I ordered chicken. I believe it's the easiest cut of meat to manage. Beef tends to get too overcook sometimes.
The chicken comes sizzling on the stonegrill. It's made up of some form of volcanic rock of sorts I have been told.
The five different sauces that come with the set. There's soya sauce with vinegar, tomato salsa, sesame sauce, wasabi mayonaise and teriyaki sauce.
Salmon Sashimi. Yum. I could eat this forever. Heaven would be a sashimi buffet.Address:
Level 1, Shop 2,
Paramount Shopping Centre
101 Littl Bourke Street
Melbourne, 3000
Tel: 03-9639 3226


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home