Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Fried Rice Paradise

I have probably never been this successful at fried rice.


My previous attempts at fried rice had always resulted in extra mushy rice. I would still eat it of course. The taste is quite alright just that it doesn't look very appealing and the consistency is not quite of fried rice.

This is probably the first time my fried rice actually resembles fried rice. You would think a simple dish like fried rice could never go wrong.

That's what I thought too at first.

We both thought wrong.

While cooking in the kitchen, I dropped some sliced onions into the pan of hot oil and it started to spatter very violently, causing a little distress to the Indian guy cooking beside me.

He must have been thinking I was a damn lousy cook.

Cooking is actually one of the few things that I enjoy and I'm actually good at it! :(

***

I discovered a new yummy snack!


Half peanut butter and half chocolate cream! Best of both worlds!

It reminded me of Julie's Peanut Butter biscuits. The ones that come in cheese flavour as well. Those were really sinful. I could finish a whole box in a day. Oh boy.

I only managed to bring back a box of Julie's cheese biscuits. They are less addictive and almost just as satisfying.

***

Tomorrow's Hot Tuesday! - Half-priced tickets for movies. I'm so itching to watch a movie. I'm thinking of Lords of Dogtown. It's a movies about a group of American skateboarders. The trailer seemed pretty cool.

I'll see who I can drag to the cinema tomorrow. It's not looking too optimistic and it's gonna involve a lot of groveling!

***

After some advice from Uneez, I decided to a blog counter!

*points to the side bar on the right*

Tah-Dah! ;)

PS: Just a little bit of trivia for those unfamilar with the Singaporean music scene. Fried Rice Paradise is a song written and sung by Singaporean singer-songwriter Dick Lee. He was also one of the judges on Singapore Idol.

It's a pretty catchy song...

2 Comments:

Blogger Callista said...

Nice looking fried rice u got there. Look yummy. Anyway careful on ur driving k. Good luck in getting a job =)

Qiuyan

06 September, 2005 10:09  
Blogger saccha said...

Haha. It looked nice and tasted nice too!

I'm always careful when driving! I value my life you see.. hehe..

Job? Sigh.. I'm gonna polish up on my resume.

06 September, 2005 15:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home