Late Night Ramblings
It's 3:18AM and I'm still sitting in front of my computer feeling quite awake even though I had been falling asleep in my Professional Computing Ethics, Law and Marketing lecture earlier today.
Talk about ethics in the world of computing? Since when anything ethical relates to computers. Gimme a break.
My stomach's acting up again I don't know why. I waiting for it to subside a little before I get into bed and get some decent sleep.
I have the TV turned on, it's on Fox2 Sports featuring LIVE coverage of the USA Tennis Open Mens Singles. I don't particularly care for either of the players in the current match.
There are only two players that I'm looking out for: Andy Roddick and Rafael Nadal.
Roddick's matches can be quite dramatic sometimes. He is not really that skillful in a sense that he doesn't have a good first serve, he usually doesn't have many winners and his unforced errors are usually quite high.
But there's one thing about him that's pretty unique. He has a strong service. His aces are just out of this world. It's so strong that it doesn't matter if his first serve is not up to par. I believe he holds the record for having the fastest serve at 152km/hr.
I remembered that was a match when the last set of the match was a tiebreaker which means the last set is tied at 6-6. When this happens in the last set of a tennis match, the first person to score more than 2 games over the other will win. And so the scores kept on piling up. I remembered I went out for dinner during the match and when came home after dinner the same match was still going on. I yelled to my brother that the match hasn't ended and he was like it had to be a repeat telecast.
I looked at the score at it was 15-16 with Roddick leading. And Roddick being the dramatic self that he is, kept on chiding the umpire of the match.
"I can't believe you can still keep counting."
"Someone should teach you how to do your job properly."
Pretty gusty I reckon for a guy who was only still a teenager then.
Nadael just exudes this charm as he plays. It's like with such calculated grace and precise control in every stroke. Just extremely captivating to watch.
Not to mention his juicy biceps. Hot hot hot.
I hope with all my might that Roger Federer doesn't claim the grandslam title.
Please please please.
He's been around for toooooo long and has been acting wayyyyyy to cocky for it.
I'll be really happy if someone else other than Federer is in the Finals.
Oh I should also been rooting for Leyton Hewitt too since I'm in Australia, and if I'm not wrong Melbourne's his hometown as well.
I've just watched Sin City with Quoth and Kunda! Finally the day has come.
I wanted to watched it yons ago when it opened back in July when I was back in Singapore for a short while.
However, it came with a R-21 Rating which meant that Quoth who was with me in Singapore at that time was just slightly too young to meet the age requirement. Though considering the amount of facial hair that he sports, I doubt anyone would have thought that he wasn't AT LEAST my ripe old age of 23.
We probably could have just get away with it at Lido. The auntie ticket sellers and uncle ticket tearers usually close one eye.
I also knew that he was saving the movie to watch with his girlfriend back here lah, and I also didn't want him to watch what would have probably been a censored version of the movie. I also didn't want to risk the whole underage fraud being exposed.
After all that, Quoth still watched the movie again with me and Kunda. Awwwww. I'm so touched.
I'll post a review of the movie soon.
Last Friday I gave Queeg a cow figurine toothpick holder for his mum. His mum collects anything that has cow prints on it or resembles a cow you see, and when I saw it while shopping in Perth, it just reminded me of her.
She sent an SMS yesterday to thank me. She was suprised because she didn't think I would have remembered.
What can I say?
I have an annoying habit for remembering the most unlikely things sometimes.
Petrol prices are going to sky rocket up sooooo damn bloody high from today. I want to congratulate myself for getting a full tank on Monday.
*beams with pride*
And now the Singaporean in me is thinking:
"I should have gotten some extra petrol in a plastic container horh?"
It's 4:02AM. I'll try to get some shut-eye now.
PS: Damn, I'm feeling hungry!
Talk about ethics in the world of computing? Since when anything ethical relates to computers. Gimme a break.
My stomach's acting up again I don't know why. I waiting for it to subside a little before I get into bed and get some decent sleep.
I have the TV turned on, it's on Fox2 Sports featuring LIVE coverage of the USA Tennis Open Mens Singles. I don't particularly care for either of the players in the current match.
There are only two players that I'm looking out for: Andy Roddick and Rafael Nadal.
Roddick's matches can be quite dramatic sometimes. He is not really that skillful in a sense that he doesn't have a good first serve, he usually doesn't have many winners and his unforced errors are usually quite high.
But there's one thing about him that's pretty unique. He has a strong service. His aces are just out of this world. It's so strong that it doesn't matter if his first serve is not up to par. I believe he holds the record for having the fastest serve at 152km/hr.
I remembered that was a match when the last set of the match was a tiebreaker which means the last set is tied at 6-6. When this happens in the last set of a tennis match, the first person to score more than 2 games over the other will win. And so the scores kept on piling up. I remembered I went out for dinner during the match and when came home after dinner the same match was still going on. I yelled to my brother that the match hasn't ended and he was like it had to be a repeat telecast.
I looked at the score at it was 15-16 with Roddick leading. And Roddick being the dramatic self that he is, kept on chiding the umpire of the match.
"I can't believe you can still keep counting."
"Someone should teach you how to do your job properly."
Pretty gusty I reckon for a guy who was only still a teenager then.
Nadael just exudes this charm as he plays. It's like with such calculated grace and precise control in every stroke. Just extremely captivating to watch.
Not to mention his juicy biceps. Hot hot hot.
I hope with all my might that Roger Federer doesn't claim the grandslam title.
Please please please.
He's been around for toooooo long and has been acting wayyyyyy to cocky for it.
I'll be really happy if someone else other than Federer is in the Finals.
Oh I should also been rooting for Leyton Hewitt too since I'm in Australia, and if I'm not wrong Melbourne's his hometown as well.
I've just watched Sin City with Quoth and Kunda! Finally the day has come.
I wanted to watched it yons ago when it opened back in July when I was back in Singapore for a short while.
However, it came with a R-21 Rating which meant that Quoth who was with me in Singapore at that time was just slightly too young to meet the age requirement. Though considering the amount of facial hair that he sports, I doubt anyone would have thought that he wasn't AT LEAST my ripe old age of 23.
We probably could have just get away with it at Lido. The auntie ticket sellers and uncle ticket tearers usually close one eye.
I also knew that he was saving the movie to watch with his girlfriend back here lah, and I also didn't want him to watch what would have probably been a censored version of the movie. I also didn't want to risk the whole underage fraud being exposed.
After all that, Quoth still watched the movie again with me and Kunda. Awwwww. I'm so touched.
I'll post a review of the movie soon.
Last Friday I gave Queeg a cow figurine toothpick holder for his mum. His mum collects anything that has cow prints on it or resembles a cow you see, and when I saw it while shopping in Perth, it just reminded me of her.
She sent an SMS yesterday to thank me. She was suprised because she didn't think I would have remembered.
What can I say?
I have an annoying habit for remembering the most unlikely things sometimes.
Petrol prices are going to sky rocket up sooooo damn bloody high from today. I want to congratulate myself for getting a full tank on Monday.
*beams with pride*
And now the Singaporean in me is thinking:
"I should have gotten some extra petrol in a plastic container horh?"
It's 4:02AM. I'll try to get some shut-eye now.
PS: Damn, I'm feeling hungry!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home