Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Isn't It?

Don't you think that sometimes when you discover the truth about a certain something, it always comes with an unanswered question.

And so this vicious cycle continues, bringing about more unanswered questions until you realise that you can probably never know the truth about anything.

Everything you presumed you knew would have been completely distorted. By then, the truth probably wouldn't matter anymore.

The more you know, the more you realise how much crap you don't know.

So I guess sometimes it's better off not knowing about it in the first place.

I say ignorance is bliss.... Isn't it?

3 Comments:

Blogger Quoth said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

01 October, 2005 08:54  
Blogger Quoth said...

Generally? No.

There is a reason we learn things. Would you prefer to keep laundering your mobile phone, so each time it comes out not working, you can just pass it on to the ignorance-is-bliss department and purchase a new phone?

Or, in the same area, because I know how much you love it: Washing your white clothes with some newly purchased coloured clothing. Oooo fun times, let's keep doing that.

Who'd have thought knowing about colour bleeding in clothes or the adverse effect water has on electronics could be so useful? These are just a few completely mundane examples I thought you could relate to.

Next, I'll show you how having even a rudimentary knowledge of the hydrologic cycle can help you plan for that much needed spontaneous outing! Stay tuned for more hints and tips from your friends at the Royal Melbourne Institute of Ignorance.

PS: I apologise for the rant, but anytime I hear those three words, it makes me want to strangle a puppy (if not the orator).

01 October, 2005 09:08  
Blogger saccha said...

Haven't you heard of the phrase, "Somethings are better off left unsaid and unknown?"

Okay. I might have just made that up. :x

06 October, 2005 05:12  

Post a Comment

<< Home