Saturday, September 24, 2005

Philip Island (Again)

This is another entry loaded with pictures.

My apologies to those who are still not equipped with broadband yet. You have my sympathies for being bandwidth deprived.

I was lucky on my trip to Philip Island apart from having the bus showing up this time. I bumped into a couple of my hostel mates on this trip. However, they claim that they have never seen me before at the hostel. Oh well. I guess I'm not that memorable. DUH.

On the way to Philip Island from RMIT Bundoora West Campus. The journey was about three hours long. As you can see I got quite bored so I started taking photos of myself.

Edit: I thought there was something amiss about the text on the graphic. It should be "The wheels on the bus go round and round..." My memory of my childhood is apparently not too good. And thanks to Quoth.

Our first stop was at the Koala Conservation Centre at Philip Island. I'm here posing at the entrance with Melissa my hostel mate who has not seen me before prior to this trip, that's like 5 months in the same building!.

Koala: I'm sleeping. Please go away.

Koala: Aww! Why can't you people leave me alone?

Koala: *Yawn* Can't you see I'm still really tired?

Koala: Hmmmmm. Who are you?

Some colourful birds mating resting.

This could very well be a stuffed koala toy for all I know.

We stopped for pictures on the way to the Penguin Parade. If anyone knows what's this place called please let me know. It seems to have slipped my mind.

I know the horizon is slanted. Still working on it.

I really loved the waves. From up here of course!

"Just-to-prove-that-I've-been-here-photograph" :)

Next, we arrived at the entrance of the Penguin Parade.

"Forever Young" Simon and I posing with the signboard.

During the breeding season, these penguins native to Australia emerge from the sea to arrive onshore every evening. They are returning to their burrows after a long day of hunting to feed their young.

During the Penguin Parade, you're able to witness the penguins coming ashore from the sea and waddling up the sandbay to their burrows.

It's such a fulfilling sight that I can't help but feel so privilege to witness the event.

Unfortunately photography is prohibited within the enclosure. Therefore I don't have any photographs of the fairy penguins. But let me tell you - THEY WERE SOOOOOOO CUTE!

The way they walk can be so entertaining to watch.

Here are some pictures that I've found that would give you an idea of how cute they were.

Edit: I just realised that this photo is the same as the one on the signboard above. Haha.



Although the weather was a little chilly to be at the coast today, I was also glad that at least it didn't rain. Melbourne weather - you never know what's going to happen every 30 minutes.

I'm just quite happy that I got my second chance to go to Philip Island. :)

PS: Congrats to all Sydney Swans fans! The 72 year wait has ended!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home