Thursday, September 15, 2005

Indebted

I overslept again this morning. It seems that ever since I got the car I've been arriving later and later for school. I don't think I was this tardy in the past when I had to scramble out of bed every morning to catch the hostel bus.

I reached school at 12 noon only to be told that my lecturer had been looking for me! My lesson ended at 11am so I was an hour late. I went to look for my lecturer in his office to update him on the non-existent status of my website.

As I was updating my lecturer about my progress (or lack of it) with the project, I caught a glimpse out of the corner of my eye, a familar figure walking across the view of the office window. It was Quoth. Hehehe. I thought it was amusing how he was unaware that I caught sight of him.

Oh well, I'm easily amused.

***

I called Mum to discuss about the travel itinerary for December when they drop by for my impending graduation.

Cox Bight, Southwest TasmaniaI also "psycho-ed" Mum into going on a trip to Tasmania when they drop by so that I can drain my parents further on their life savings to get an all-expenses paid vacation. Glad to say that she seems quite keen about the idea.

Ho ho ho - I can smell my Christmas present already! :)

Mum was also mentioning about how Dad was thinking about visiting my cousin in Sydney. My cousin Mei had just given birth to a healthy baby boy named Julian a couple of days ago. Mum and Dad feel a little paiseh if they don't drop by for a visit since they will only be just 45 mins away by plane from Melbourne.

The thing is that they had just visited her in Feburary! I can't believe they want to go again so soon. Money don't grow on trees! Flying here and there not cheap okay!

Money money money!Dad has just officially retired last year after over 35 years of teaching. As you know teachers earn peanuts - not the NKF T.T. Durai kind, but the peanuts used figuratively kind, so I'm not very sure where they think all the money is going to come from.

Do take into consideration that they have already paid for almost two years of my tuition fees and expenses here in Melbourne, that probably amount to somewhere between SGD$80,000 - SGD$100,000.

Not to mention about the recently acquired SGD$600,000 condominium in Serangoon, Singapore - it had been declared as one of the dengue hotspots recently, much to Mum's dismay. I'm suprised that they didn't bother to haggle since the on-going renovation works are going to set them back at least SGD$60,0000.

They are changing the entire kitchen furnishing, replacing the flooring of the entire floorspace, installing air-conditioning in the three bedrooms, getting extra furniture and new curtains, installing new bathroom fixtures and what-not.

Now having said all of that, SGD$60,0000 seems like a conservative estimate.

Also not forgetting that Mum had just coughed up some money for my car as well, plus third-party car insurance and that bloody thing needed repairs just after three weeks.

Okay, now I am starting to feel bad about spending my parent's life savings blantantly on all my guiltless shopping trips.

*thinks about facing the lifetime of debt and sighs dejectedly*

I was wondering that perhaps Dad struck Toto (lottery) and conveniently forgot to inform me so as to prevent me from splurging his hard earned money on shopping.

Well, I'll be updating on how that theory unfolds.

***

Anyway, I'm proud to say that the reason why I'm still up this late is because I am a loser and have no life except for mindless blogging doing my WebProject2 assignment.

I'm glad to say that I've got most of the main graphics and the overall layout done. My "inspiration" wasn't running that high tonight therefore the graphics created are somewhat crap plainer than what I had intended them to be.

***

One last thing to note, I have reason to believe that my blog has been discovered by a certain someone. I'm not sure if this is a concern yet but I'm certainly feeling a little apprehensive.

As my blog is a free and public domain - and I would like to keep it that way, therefore I have no right to demand anyone to refrain from visiting my blogsite.

My only alternate option would be to move my blog to a different address/host but I am not really feeling up to the idea as it would require all your bookmarks to be updated, etc etc.

I have yet to determine if all the effort would be worth it.

Meanwhile, so be it.

C'est La Vie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home