Mooncakes
When I called home on Sunday this week, my mum gleefully asked if I wanted to eat any mooncakes as Mooncake/Mid-Autumn/Lantern (I've lost track of which one is the legitimate title) Festival is coming soon. I knew she obviously had no intentions of sending any over. She just wanted to spite me but in the most loving way of course. ;)I've been having mooncake cravings ever since then.
Would one of you, yes you, my Singaporean friend, be so kind as to send me a box of mooncakes? I want lotus seed paste without the seeds and double yolk thank you. The skin is not important. Be it snow or normal or those flaky kind. :)
Meanwhile, does anyone know where I can get some decent mooncakes in Melbourne?
And please don't tell me to go to Chinatown!
***
And dammit! Federer won the US Open. Again.
I watched the telecast live and fell asleep sometime during the third set.
I woke up and manage to catch the ending awards ceremony.
Sigh.
I refuse to post his conceited smug face on my blog. -_-
At least this will be the last of my horrible sleeping patterns.
*looks at the time*
Well kinda...


2 Comments:
have to spoil it for u. You won't be bale to receive the moon cake with yolk inside. Tried asking my parents to send me. Yolkless one got thru but was smashed up. Utterly disgusting.
you know actually i think it's all depending on who's screening the mail. my cousin's mum managed to ship over bak kwa (BBQ sliced pork) and pineapple tarts.
by right meat is not allowed UNLESS it is either canned or in a very fine or powdered condition.
and pineapple tarts are not also not allowed because of the egg content in the pastry.
oh well.......
*goes into missing mooncakes mode*
Post a Comment
<< Home