Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Melbourne Day One : Catching Up

My knight in shining armour came to pick me up at 6:25am in the morning from Tullamarine Airport.

I dropped by my old place along Bell Street, Preston. It was so nice just to see it again.

The new wing adjacent to it has been completed.

I bunked with Quothie who now lives in the city with his sister at the posh apartment at QV Building.

He had a wedding dinner to attend to during the evening, so I made last minute plans with Robin and his wife Sim Yee for dinner in the city.

Bless them for coming all the way to meet up with me!

We had dinner in Chinatown. I find it so ironic that I went all the way to Melbourne to have asian food which I could jolly well find back here in Singapore. I guess if you had been eating the food for over two year you just feel like going back to try and have a taste of it again.

We went to a place at Mid City Plaza.

For starters, we had Taiwan crispy chicken strips.

We shared a dish of fried squid with sechuan sauce and rice.

This is my favourite dish - Hainanese Chicken with Rice. I used to eat it all the time though it's an extorbitant AUD$7.50 for a plate.

After dinner we went to Max Brenner's for chocolate. Again, it ironic that I've never been to the Max Brenner's in Singapore before.

Sim Yee and I.

Robin and I.

Sim Yee's latte.


My milk chocolate suckao.

Robin's dark chocolate thick shake. I feel fat just looking at the picture of it!

More later.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh!! Miss Melbourne

22 December, 2007 12:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home