Saturday, March 03, 2007

Kuriya Dining

I met an ex-colleague for dinner on Wednesday at Kuriya Dining, Great World City.

Kuriya is a Japanese fine-dining restaurant. There's even a dress-code, but I saw this guy in t-shirt and berms so I don't think they really enforce it. It's quite expensive for dinner as I found out after my satisfying meal. Lunch is slightly better as they have bento sets which are not as pricey.

We shared a bottle of Cabernet Merlot together with five dishes. There was a Seafood Claypot Rice with I missed out on because they waiter split the rice for us and we didn't really get to see the rice in the claypot itself. Oh well.

Soft-Shell Crab. The sauce with like spicy mayonaise, pretty yummy. The crab was crisp to the bite!

Sauteed Duck in White Wine Sauce. This dish was unexpectedly served cold. The duck was tasty but the sauce was too sour! I think there was lime sorbet on the top.

My favourite mushrooms! Mixed Mushrooms in Garlic and Olive Oil. At the bottom of the metal bowl were actually pieces of rock salt. We were told by the waiter that we were meant to eat the shrooms together with the salt... We thought they were ice chips at first glance! Silly us!

Chicken Karaage. Nice seasoning and sauce.

Due to a promotion for ladies, I got a free dessert! It was Soursop Pudding. At little sour but a rather resfreshing change for a dessert nonetheless... Being female certainly has many perks!

Towards the end of the dinner, after half nearly consuming half a bottle of red wine, Weny messaged me to ask if I wanted to go MOS, I was like "MAMBO!!"... But that's another story for another entry...

PS: Just in case you were wondering, yes I did end up puking again... that's like 3 of out the last 5 trips to Mambo. And yes I did see mushrooms in my puke! LOL

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Johnny Malkavian said...

Wah lau, waste money.

03 March, 2007 12:26  
Blogger saccha said...

haha... not mine anyway.. :P

03 March, 2007 17:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home