Monday, February 26, 2007

Heroes

I've just finished watching the 13th episode of Heroes. The plot just gets thicker and juicier. So exciting! I love the Japanese guy, Hiro, he is just so endearing and heart-warming. I'm currently watching three other US drama series as well - Prison Break, House, Grey's Anatomy. I'm also going to start on the third season of Desperate Housewives soon. I didn't realise it started like three months ago! Got a lot of catching up to do...

I really have no time for all any of the Korean dramas now. Working life only permits me to be so much of a TV addict now you see. I used to be a monster TV addict. I could watch basically almost anything that was on TV. Then there were sitcoms like Seinfield, Ellen, Frasier, Mad About You, Friends. Dramas like ER, Chicago Hope, Law and Order, Picket Fences, Party of Five, Ally MacBeal, The Practice, X-Files, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Once and Again, Gilmore Girls and there was this cop series that I really liked but I can't remember what it's called anymore.

I didn't watch Angel though because I thought Buffy was wayyyyyy better. I didn't really like spin-offs. There's also another series I watched called My So-Called Life. It starred Claire Danes and Jared Leto, it was only like one season but I thought it was really good. I believe I watched every episode of X-Files as well, but only until Fox Mulder was replaced. It just didn't interest me after David Duchovny left the series.

Picket Fences, Ally MacBeal and The Practice were all created by David E. Kelley. He also created Boston Public but I didn't really followed much on that series. He's an amazing story-teller. Ally MacBeal literally saved my life. It was so funny and inspiring at the same time that I think it got me out of depression. It was certainly trying times when I was in secondary school.

I would set the timer on my VCR and record all my programs and watched them in the afternoon with my brother after school. Our favourite was Seinfield, I don't think we missed an episode of it. Sometimes I'd watched them over and over again. I think I had nothing else better to do. It over-worked the TV and VCR so much that they broke down. I thought that was a pretty good indicator of the amount of TV that I was watching.

There was once my Dad forgot to turn off the VCR at night so the timer to record did not get triggered. I missed an episode of Party of Five and I was inconsolable. REALLY. I emailed and ICQ-ed (then it was still pre-MSN) everyone on my list for help and one girl responded to me! I was so touched. She loaned to me her VHS of that episode which I missed. Just a random gal on the Internet, I didn't even know her personally. I still have her tape though, but I forgot her name. Sigh... Oh well, just hope she knows that I'm still grateful for her kindness, even though it seems rather insignificant.

I really could watch anything that could capture my attention and frankly I think I learned a lot from watching all them. I feel that what I learned from TV was more useful than what I had learned in school. It did impart me some general knowledge - or at least I hope it did and various forms of reasoning and interpretations of life. This is probably why sometimes I can getting pretty naive in situations, I treat my life as a drama series - no, make that a soap opera!

Well, it's getting late and I guess I should call it a night, if anyone wants to watch Heroes just let me know... *winks*

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Eunice aka PJ said...

I want! I think i caught the first episode on Star World. where the jap guys were at the casino. Not sure if its the first epi tho.

27 February, 2007 17:25  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Numbers?

27 February, 2007 23:50  
Blogger saccha said...

eunice - Stop watching! I'll burn it for you from the start.. Don't ruin the series!! Haha.. boy I really take this too seriously..

anon - i don't watch numbers :( i guess it's mainly due to the fact that i never liked math. numbers just repulse me somehow.

28 February, 2007 00:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want i want!!

01 March, 2007 09:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home