Thursday, December 01, 2005

Poppy's Thai

After the attending the wedding, Angie and I had decided to stop by Poppy's Thai for a light dinner before heading home from Knox City.

Poppy's Thai is located at 251 Burwood Highway, Burwood.

Spicy Fish Cakes. I was actually expecting something more like otah. Then I realised that otah would be more Indonesian and Malay than Thai. It was like normal fish cakes but just spicy. The sweet chili sauce was a good condiment. It wasn't a bad entree, I guess I was just missing otah...

Pineapple Fried Rice. I love pineapple fried rice. I remembered the best pineapple fried rice I had was in KL, Malaysia. It came in a pineapple husk as well and was topped with pork floss. I'm not sure which one is the more authentic version because they both taste quite different. Poppy's version is quite tasty. The pineapple bits were fresh and juicy and not like they came out of a can. There were generous amounts of chicken as well.

Red Curry with Chicken Fillets. I was intending to try the Green Curry but Angie had already tried that before so we decided on something else. The curry was a little spicy for me, but I like spicy curry so it was goooood. I'm starting to like Thai red curry now. I used to always go for the Red Curry Chicken at Chili Cafe on Russell Street in the city. The veggies in the curry blended very well with the spicy curry taste. Yum! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home