A Bleeding Heart
Former Australian Prime Minister has labelled Singapore as a "Chinese rouge rogue port city" as negotiations with the Singaporean government intensifies this week regarding the impending excecution of Melbourne-born Australian Nguyen Tuong Van.

Staged protests outside the Victorian State Library last Sunday.
Nguyen, who is due to be executed on December 2, was caught smuggling 396 grams of heroin strapped to his body and in his hand luggage at Changi airport in Singapore in 2002.
Nguyen says he was trafficking heroin to help pay off his twin brother's debts.
Multiple appeals by the Australian federal government, the United Nations and international human rights organisations have proved unsuccessful.
The thousands of protests letters that layer the grounds outside the Victorian State Library.
Amnesty International has said that Singapore has probably the highest execution rate relative to its size that any other capital state worldwide.
Although I don't know Van personally, my heart goes out to him and the people that he's leaving behind.
He has made one grave mistake that has been proven to be too costly.
I'm not sure about you, but sometimes I do believe that people deserve a second chance, but alas, Singapore is not that a forgiving society.

Nguyen, who is due to be executed on December 2, was caught smuggling 396 grams of heroin strapped to his body and in his hand luggage at Changi airport in Singapore in 2002.
Nguyen says he was trafficking heroin to help pay off his twin brother's debts.
Multiple appeals by the Australian federal government, the United Nations and international human rights organisations have proved unsuccessful.
The thousands of protests letters that layer the grounds outside the Victorian State Library.Amnesty International has said that Singapore has probably the highest execution rate relative to its size that any other capital state worldwide.
Although I don't know Van personally, my heart goes out to him and the people that he's leaving behind.
He has made one grave mistake that has been proven to be too costly.
I'm not sure about you, but sometimes I do believe that people deserve a second chance, but alas, Singapore is not that a forgiving society.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home