Christmas Tree Light-up
Last Friday, I had promised Karen that I would take her to La Porchetta once last time before she goes back to Singapore. Initially, I wanted to take her to the one at Mill Park because they had the apple pie dessert that was really nice.
Later I discovered that there was a Christmas Tree Light-up celebration thingy going on at Federation Square. We decided to have La Porchetta in the city instead and then head for the christmas light-up.
I called Karen before I left to pick her up at her place and she was still sleeping when she answered the call. When I reached her place, she told me she needed to go to the bank at David Meyers building. So I took her and gave her friend a lift to David Meyers building. We had to go back to her place as her didn't want to carry around the money she had withdrawn from the bank.
By the time we got back to my place, we found Quoth sitting in my room! I then realised how awfully messy my room looks. Oh well.
We took the hostel bus to the city with Angie and her friend Nigel and walked to Queen Victoria Market from La Trobe Street.
Quoth had calamari rings with chips for dinner.
I had my favourite Spaghetti Pollo Funghi for dinner.
Angie had the same as me, Karen had Spaghetti Carbonara sprinkled with lots of chili flakes - I guess this is the way most Singaporeans like to eat pasta, and Nigel had Gnocchi Pollo Funghi. We also ordered a Margherita pizza to share!
Angie, Me and Karen outside La Porchetta on Victoria Street.
After a fulfilling meal, we headed off to Federation Square.
There was a stage set-up on Federation Square. There was a little song and dance on stage when we arrived.
We caught a bit of the entertainment before the sky started to spit. Australian comedic trio Tripod were performing their last song when the crowd started to disperse dramatically.
We sought shelter at Flinders Station where we caught some fireworks. We couldn't really see the light-up for the christmas tree as it was partially hidden by a building.
Picture time! Quoth was actually trying to look the least bit interested. I got for myself a twinkling star wand! :)

The Christmas Tree.
Later I discovered that there was a Christmas Tree Light-up celebration thingy going on at Federation Square. We decided to have La Porchetta in the city instead and then head for the christmas light-up.
I called Karen before I left to pick her up at her place and she was still sleeping when she answered the call. When I reached her place, she told me she needed to go to the bank at David Meyers building. So I took her and gave her friend a lift to David Meyers building. We had to go back to her place as her didn't want to carry around the money she had withdrawn from the bank.
By the time we got back to my place, we found Quoth sitting in my room! I then realised how awfully messy my room looks. Oh well.
We took the hostel bus to the city with Angie and her friend Nigel and walked to Queen Victoria Market from La Trobe Street.
Quoth had calamari rings with chips for dinner.
I had my favourite Spaghetti Pollo Funghi for dinner.Angie had the same as me, Karen had Spaghetti Carbonara sprinkled with lots of chili flakes - I guess this is the way most Singaporeans like to eat pasta, and Nigel had Gnocchi Pollo Funghi. We also ordered a Margherita pizza to share!
Angie, Me and Karen outside La Porchetta on Victoria Street.After a fulfilling meal, we headed off to Federation Square.
There was a stage set-up on Federation Square. There was a little song and dance on stage when we arrived.We caught a bit of the entertainment before the sky started to spit. Australian comedic trio Tripod were performing their last song when the crowd started to disperse dramatically.
We sought shelter at Flinders Station where we caught some fireworks. We couldn't really see the light-up for the christmas tree as it was partially hidden by a building.
Picture time! Quoth was actually trying to look the least bit interested. I got for myself a twinkling star wand! :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home