Wednesday, November 30, 2005

All We Do Is Eat

On Monday, Tse Yee and I decided to go for yum cha one more time with Angie before she leaves for KL on Sunday.

I finally figured out the route to Tai Pan using the George Street short cut that Anthony used before. So happy. Will take this same way when I bring my parents for yum cha when they come over for my graduation.

This is the Hong Kong styled Lor Mai Gai (Sticky Rice with Chicken) - I prefer the Singaporean style one of course.

Fan Gao (I think it means Rice Dumplings, but I might be wrong because there's no rice in it! Just veggies and peanuts.) - This is becoming one of my favourites. I'm gonna put this on my staple list for yum cha.

Har Gao (Shrimp Dumplings) - I've always wondered why does the har gao comes in fours but siew mai comes in threes.

Lian Yong Bao (Lotus Seed Paste Buns) - These are my favourite buns! I looooooove them in Singapore.

My mouth is watering just looking at this picture. I just love the lian yong! So sweet and smooth, just heavenly!

Egg Tarts - I just remembered I still have one left in my fridge at home.

Feng Jiao (Phoenix Legs or rather Chicken Feet) - I don't eat this...

Har Cheong (Shrimp Rice Rolls)

Xiao Long Bao (Small Dragon Buns??) - There's no dragon meat but that's the direct translation. It's just a steamed pork bun I guess. You dip it in the vinegar! Kudos to Tse Yee for lifting the saucer of vinegar for the picture!

I were wondering what this dish was as I've seen it many times on the trolleys. As a trolley went pass our table, I just casually pointed to the dish and the man with the tall chef's hat pushing the trolley just quickly placed it on our table saying that it was "hong dou sa" (red bean paste) and very nice. He didn't even wait for us to decide if we wanted it or not! That's the last time I'm going to point to a dish on his trolley.....

Sticky Cake with Red Bean Paste - I have no idea what's the original name. It's really sticky and has extremely sweet red bean paste filling.

Pai Gu (Steamed Pork Spare Ribs)

Siew Mai (Steamed Pork Dim Sim)

Coconut Jelly - This is Angie's favourite dessert!

Mango Pudding - This is mine! :)

Alicia had intended to join us for yum cha but she couldn't meet us in time.

Later that evening, we went to the city to meet her for dinner instead.

Alicia lives just a stone's throw away from Lygon Street which is Melbourne's Little Italy.

We decided on Papa Gino's. I hope I got the name right.

Calamari rings. The tartare sauce came in an oyster shell.

The side salad.

Our half Mexican and half Tropical pizza. The jalepinos on the Mexican was very very spicy!

Spaghetti Bolognese

Fettucine Cabonara

After dinner, we headed down to Koko Black for desserts! It wasn't my idea! I only wanted a Roche Gelato but Il Dolce Freddo wasn't opened! So sad....

The lighting wasn't good and Koko Black so the pictures of the desserts weren't that good.

Here was me trying to swat a fly away I think.


Here was me trying to look normal.


PS: I just watched Flight of the Phoenix on DVD with Tse Yee! It was good! Go rent it if you haven't watched it. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home