A Sleepy Sunday
The wedding was really exhausting. It's been a while since I've spent so much time outdoors. I woke up at 5pm which explains why I'm still up at this hour. I can't get to sleep, at least not when it hasn't pass the 12-hour mark yet.
I got up and I washed up. Feeling hungry, I went to check the kitchen to see if anyone was using it. I saw that it was empty and briskly walked back to my room to get my stuff. I opened my pantry cupboard to decide what to cook. I decided on Continental's Instant Alfredo Pasta with some button mushrooms and a tin of SPAM (SPAM is HAM - or so the commercial claims).
I got my stuff together and went back to the kitchen to find an old Chinese lady cooking! Sigh. I'm so slow that I can't even beat a old lady to the kitchen. I caught sight of what she was cooking, it seemed like there wasn't much at all. All she had were some leafy veggies and a bowl of cooked rice. She mixed the both together on a heated pan and went back to her room! I felt bad. It seemed like that was all she had to eat. Oh well. I'd have considered offering her something to eat if I was cooking something more oriental.
Anyway, after finishing the whole bowl of pasta back in my room, I got really drowsy. I seriously thought that I should spend the day doing at least something productive other than sleeping so I decided on a hot shower to wake myself up.
I proceeded to scan all the television channels to see if there was anything worth watching. Not much luck on a Sunday evening. There was sports on almost every channel, cricket to golf to rugby. I finally settled on the World Gymnastics Championships. I watched this poor guy fall on his head while on the vault. There were also others who fell of the parallel bars. Talk about OUCH.
I had a short chat with my darling who's now in Canberra doing his summer research scholarship at ANU. I can't imagine anyone who wants to spend summer doing research but hey who am I to say anything with my low self-motivation for anything that is related to school. Well, at least he's getting paid for it! Quite well might I add. *winks*
Later Angie came to my room for a while. We wanted to watch The Craft on DVD which we had rented last Wednesday, however, her mum gave her a missed call so she had to go back to her room to call her mum.
I also had to call home. The phone at the new place isn't working yet. I had to call to my mum's cellphone. My mum informed me that the contractor who did the renovation works will be coming down on Tuesday to sort things out with the phone line.
I told my mum that I would most probably go down the city sometime this week to book my ticket back to Singapore. I'm aiming for a 20-something January date. Shouldn't be too hard I guess. *keeps fingers crossed*
I'll be meeting my parents in two weeks in Sydney. So soon! I haven't realised it until my cousin called me last night from Sydney saying that we're coming soon. Can't wait to meet my newest nephew! :)
Sigh. Time seems to be flying past right now. Soon I'll be saying goodbye to Melbourne. Can't help but feel this certain sense of impending dread about it. I guess I'll be fine once I do reach Singapore. I just can't stand the transition phase - the preparations about going home. I'll be selling my car, packing my stuff, selling away furniture and other items that my mum would scold me for bringing them back home. Leaving behind the friends, a tiny room that I'd lived in for almost two years, friends that have become a part of my life and all the memories I've made here - both good and bad.
I guess the good news is I still have at least two months to mentally prepare myself for that big day.
Which reminds me.... I'd better stock up on tissues...
Would it be that embarassing to carry around a box of tissues?
PS: Boohoo regarding Jessica and Nick! We really didn't see that one coming, did we? *wink wink*
I got up and I washed up. Feeling hungry, I went to check the kitchen to see if anyone was using it. I saw that it was empty and briskly walked back to my room to get my stuff. I opened my pantry cupboard to decide what to cook. I decided on Continental's Instant Alfredo Pasta with some button mushrooms and a tin of SPAM (SPAM is HAM - or so the commercial claims).
I got my stuff together and went back to the kitchen to find an old Chinese lady cooking! Sigh. I'm so slow that I can't even beat a old lady to the kitchen. I caught sight of what she was cooking, it seemed like there wasn't much at all. All she had were some leafy veggies and a bowl of cooked rice. She mixed the both together on a heated pan and went back to her room! I felt bad. It seemed like that was all she had to eat. Oh well. I'd have considered offering her something to eat if I was cooking something more oriental.
Anyway, after finishing the whole bowl of pasta back in my room, I got really drowsy. I seriously thought that I should spend the day doing at least something productive other than sleeping so I decided on a hot shower to wake myself up.
I proceeded to scan all the television channels to see if there was anything worth watching. Not much luck on a Sunday evening. There was sports on almost every channel, cricket to golf to rugby. I finally settled on the World Gymnastics Championships. I watched this poor guy fall on his head while on the vault. There were also others who fell of the parallel bars. Talk about OUCH.
I had a short chat with my darling who's now in Canberra doing his summer research scholarship at ANU. I can't imagine anyone who wants to spend summer doing research but hey who am I to say anything with my low self-motivation for anything that is related to school. Well, at least he's getting paid for it! Quite well might I add. *winks*
Later Angie came to my room for a while. We wanted to watch The Craft on DVD which we had rented last Wednesday, however, her mum gave her a missed call so she had to go back to her room to call her mum.
I also had to call home. The phone at the new place isn't working yet. I had to call to my mum's cellphone. My mum informed me that the contractor who did the renovation works will be coming down on Tuesday to sort things out with the phone line.
I told my mum that I would most probably go down the city sometime this week to book my ticket back to Singapore. I'm aiming for a 20-something January date. Shouldn't be too hard I guess. *keeps fingers crossed*
I'll be meeting my parents in two weeks in Sydney. So soon! I haven't realised it until my cousin called me last night from Sydney saying that we're coming soon. Can't wait to meet my newest nephew! :)
Sigh. Time seems to be flying past right now. Soon I'll be saying goodbye to Melbourne. Can't help but feel this certain sense of impending dread about it. I guess I'll be fine once I do reach Singapore. I just can't stand the transition phase - the preparations about going home. I'll be selling my car, packing my stuff, selling away furniture and other items that my mum would scold me for bringing them back home. Leaving behind the friends, a tiny room that I'd lived in for almost two years, friends that have become a part of my life and all the memories I've made here - both good and bad.
I guess the good news is I still have at least two months to mentally prepare myself for that big day.
Which reminds me.... I'd better stock up on tissues...
Would it be that embarassing to carry around a box of tissues?
PS: Boohoo regarding Jessica and Nick! We really didn't see that one coming, did we? *wink wink*


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home