Friday, November 18, 2005

Mornington

Helloooo people! I'm feeling really chirpy tonight, not sure why, must be from all the chocolate I had tonight. Just had a cup of hot chocolate and shared a chocolate tart with Angie. Haha.

We had another day trip last weekend to Mornington. My camera ran out of battery during half-way the trip and I only got the pictures from Jo's camera recently so that's why I couldn't really update my blog about it earlier.

As you know from the recent incident with my car, it became a little wobbly. It wasn't that apparent until we took my car to Mornington and it wobbled quite badly when travelling at high speeds.

Anyway, I'm quite thankful the car survive the trip and I've since took it for repairs at Mag Wheel and Tyre on Thursday. It cost me AUD$55 for the balancing and wheel alignment.

The guy was telling me that my right front wheel was way off its alignment and kept asking if I did any previous work on it. I didn't dare to say that I swerved into a kerb so I just said its probably due to my bad driving. He was still somewhat unconvinced and insisted that someone had done dodgy work on it. *oh blimey*

I stayed over in the city as usual so that I wouldn't have to struggle to get up in the morning and rush to drive over. In the end, we played majong all the way till morning. I didn't even needed to use the pyjamas that I had packed! LOL

After driving for a distance, the car was shaking so bad that we stopped at a petrol station to check the air pressure in the tyres to see if it was causing the wobble. Pam and I decided to pose for Jo while Junior got busy with the car!

Our first stop was the Mornington Racecourse Market.

The market was buzzing with people. There were many stalls selling a variety of clothes and jewellery. Beaded necklaces seems to be the very in-thing this season. They were everywhere! There were also food and drink stalls. I would have gotten something to eat if I hadn't been gorging myself the whole night with pizzas and hotcakes while playing majong. Heee...

We spent about less than an hour browsing around some of the shops. I didn't get anything for myself due to my dwindling bank account. Perhaps I'll drag my boyfriend there when he comes over for Christmas... Hmmmm...

Our next stop was Sunny Ridge Strawberry Farm and Fruit Winery. It was about 30 minutes from the market. It was quite crowded with the weekend crowd I guess.

The huge sign at Sunny Ridge!

Getting ready to pick some strawberries!

Me with Jo and the huge-ass sign above us.

We had to pay an entrance fee of $6 per person and we were given a plastic tub to pick the strawberries up till the half-way mark. That would make it approximately 500 grams and if we had any excess we had to pay for it at AUD$12 per kilogram.

The strawberry fields. Is that what you call them? Hmmmmmm....

There were plenty of strawberry fields but we had a designated area for us to pick the strawberries.

And we found it!

We started picking the strawberries.

We didn't get a Tutorial 101 on How to Pick Strawberries, I could only assume that the redder they were, the sweeter they were going to be!

Some of the strawberries were really good-looking. Bright red and juicy looking. However there were lots of creepy crawlies lurking among the vines! I uncovered many sleepy snails....

Awwwwww. Look at me at work!


I'm all done with the picking! I think I look like I'm trying to sell you my strawberries here. Hehe.. Anyone?


Don't they look yummy to you?

There was a cafe there selling all sorts of strawberry desserts, from smoothies to sundaes and fondues. We couldn't resist buying the strawberry ice-cream cones!

Everybody had an ice-cream! Junior ate his up already before this picture was taken. Jo's holding on to mine for me... heh.

This was the last stop for us and we drove back home and it wobbled its way back to the city!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home