Friday, November 25, 2005

Pacific House

On Wednesday, my hostel mates Angie and Tse Yee, and I decided to go to Direct Factory Outlet in Cheltenham. The plan was for me to drive to D.F.O. and for Angie to drive back. I didn't want to drive during peak traffic conditions you see. Hehe.

We embarked on our shopping excursion at 10am in the morning. I was so afraid that I would oversleep, but it seems when it comes to shopping I tend to wake up automatically. LOL.

We drove along Hoodle Street and on to Punt Road, then it was Nepean Highway all the way, and we arrived at D.F.O. at a little past 11am.

We shopped and shopped until our legs were sore and the shops were closing.

Here's what I bought:

  • A Dotti top for just $9.95!
  • A floral ROXY bikini for just $20!
  • A striped eckoRed top for just $19.95!
  • A pair of Sketchers shoes for just $99.95!
  • A tube dress for Robin's wedding for $29.90

Sooooo happy!

Here's what Angie bought:

  • A Mango jacket for $60!
  • A Roxy jacket for $20!
  • A Dotti jacket for $19.95!
  • A pair of cargo pants from JustJeans for $19.95!
  • 50 DVD+Rs from EB Games for ???
Here's what Tse Yee bought:

  • Two pair of cargo pants from JustJeans for $19.95 each!
  • An Esprit purse for $29.95!

We left D.F.O. at around 5pm. We were deciding where we should have dinner as we were loading our stuff into the boot. We decided on Pacfic House in Richmond. I made Angie drive. Hehe. *evil grin*

Pacfic House is along Victoria Street in Richmond. It's not only popular with Asians but also with the locals as well.

We ordered two mixed roast items.

The roast duck here is very famous and it's my FAVOURITE! It's soooo hard to find good roast duck over here. This is truly a rare find. I was savouring every bite... ooooh so yummy!

Roast Pork! I haven't eaten this in ages.... Actually I don't eat this much because it's quite fattening as well. Eat once in a while should be okay lah, hehe.

Seafood and Beancurd Claypot. Tse Yee wanted something exciting so we decided on a sizzling claypot! It looks like there's a lot of seafood, but actually at the bottom of the claypot it's all vegetables.

Eggplant Stuffed with Prawn Paste. It seems everywhere we eat we would at least have one eggplant dish. We can't help it! We love eggplant!

We wanted to take away some char siew (Roast BBQ Pork) but we didn't see any at the window. Anyway, we had to leave Pacfic House as the people there were "hurrying" us to finish up by giving us the bill without us asking.

Next, we went to Lygon Street for dessert! It took us ages to find a parking lot. We went around in circles so many times, luckily we found a spot just before we were about to give up. Also, thank god that Angie was driving because it was a parallel parking lot. I would have caused a major traffic jam if I had tried to park.

We had a triple gelati at Il Dolce Ferrero Il Dolce Freddo, which meant choosing up to four flavours! We got Rocher, Green Tea, Chocolate and Rasberry! Tse Yee wanted Lychee instead of Rasberry but I gave her a funny look, and when I suggested Pandan and Coconut she gave me a funny look. So Rasberry it was....

I drove home from the city shortly afterwards and we stopped by Safeway on the way.

Phew! It was a long but fulfilling day! :)

PS: I keep forgetting to mention about this! But I really can't believe Kate won the Australian Idol! ARRRRRGGGHHHH! How could Emily not win? It's impossible! I don't even know why Kate was in the finals in the first place! This was sooooo rigged! Pffftttt.

2 Comments:

Blogger melmel said...

aiyoh... eat and eat?? hehe..

25 November, 2005 10:44  
Blogger saccha said...

everyone's going home mah! 'll be the last one here...

25 November, 2005 13:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home