Brighton Beach, Melbourne
On Sunday I went to Brighton Beach because I felt this compelling need to get out of my room. The weather forecast that day was 30 degrees which in Melbourne means it's a real treat because Melbourne has consistently depressing weather all year long. And so I decided it was a perfect day for the beach.
Everyone else was rushing for exams, assignments and deadlines and so I went alone.
I took the train. Yes, the train, no terrorist attacks lah, don't worry.
I have always wanted to go to Brighton Beach because of the colourful bath houses that lined up along part of the beach. I just like touristy places lah. :)
I got off the train at Brighton Beach Station on the Sandringham line.
I was greeted by a perfect beach view.
When I brought Quoth to Singapore back in July this year, many of my friends questioned repeatedly why I didn't bring him to Sentosa. First of all, he's not really a beach person, but that's a whole other different story and not the point I'm trying to bring up.
The point is that the beaches here are sooooooo much better lorh, why should I bother trying to sell him an artificial beach dream of imported sand (from Indonesia mostly) to him? I just really didn't see the point.
Besides, there's the gigantic Merlion statue in Sentosa that gives him the creeps.
Not many people along this stretch of the beach.
I wanna get one of those portable umbrellas...
The water is almost as blue as the skies. Much better than the greyish-green shit that you get at East Coast Beach in Singapore. Sorry lah, I don't mean to sound so anti-Singapore but it's really the truth!
The view of the city in a distance.
I really like the the colours in this picture. I have to say I wish that the girl wasn't standing there...
I like the clouds. They look like water colours in a painting.
I was approaching the row of colourful bath houses.
This stretch of the beach seems to be more popular.
I didn't really like the clumps of seaweed that littered the beach. It kinda emitted a foul-smelling scent.
The colourful bath houses! They are all numbered as you can tell - some more blatantly than others.
I think they look really nice against the blue sky in the background.
Further up, the sandy beach looked so pristine and untouched. Not a hint of litter in sight.
I've reached Middle Brighton. This is part of Middle Brighton Pier.
I got to Middle Brighton Baths for lunch. I asked for a table for one and I was told that I had to wait for a while. I took a seat at the bar and waited for a table. I waited for two hours before I got to a table. Don't ask me why, I don't wanna talk about it. It just makes my blood boil. *cough*Discrimination*cough*
My long awaited Fish and Chips! It was a sad disappointment considering it cost me $18.00! I think the $2 fish and chips at the Crown tastes much better. And I'm not sure if it was this that caused my bout of food poisioning later that night.
I soooooooo wanted to drink myself silly but I couldn't due to the fact that I had to be sober enough to take the train home again.
After lunch I walked around Church Street in Middle Brighton, but most of the shops were closed thanks to the stupid god-awful long wait at the restaurant.
Overall, I felt that it had been a good day. Much better than being holed up in my room and bawling the whole day. I took the train home and decided to indulge myself in some self-photography.
I think this one captured the best expression and light.
PS: Over these past few days, it just dawned upon me that the worst thing about a broken heart is that it doesn't kill you.
Everyone else was rushing for exams, assignments and deadlines and so I went alone.
I took the train. Yes, the train, no terrorist attacks lah, don't worry.
I have always wanted to go to Brighton Beach because of the colourful bath houses that lined up along part of the beach. I just like touristy places lah. :)
I got off the train at Brighton Beach Station on the Sandringham line.
I was greeted by a perfect beach view.When I brought Quoth to Singapore back in July this year, many of my friends questioned repeatedly why I didn't bring him to Sentosa. First of all, he's not really a beach person, but that's a whole other different story and not the point I'm trying to bring up.
The point is that the beaches here are sooooooo much better lorh, why should I bother trying to sell him an artificial beach dream of imported sand (from Indonesia mostly) to him? I just really didn't see the point.
Besides, there's the gigantic Merlion statue in Sentosa that gives him the creeps.
Not many people along this stretch of the beach.
I wanna get one of those portable umbrellas...
The water is almost as blue as the skies. Much better than the greyish-green shit that you get at East Coast Beach in Singapore. Sorry lah, I don't mean to sound so anti-Singapore but it's really the truth!
The view of the city in a distance.
I really like the the colours in this picture. I have to say I wish that the girl wasn't standing there...
I like the clouds. They look like water colours in a painting.
I was approaching the row of colourful bath houses.
This stretch of the beach seems to be more popular.
I didn't really like the clumps of seaweed that littered the beach. It kinda emitted a foul-smelling scent.
The colourful bath houses! They are all numbered as you can tell - some more blatantly than others.
I think they look really nice against the blue sky in the background.
Further up, the sandy beach looked so pristine and untouched. Not a hint of litter in sight.
I've reached Middle Brighton. This is part of Middle Brighton Pier.I got to Middle Brighton Baths for lunch. I asked for a table for one and I was told that I had to wait for a while. I took a seat at the bar and waited for a table. I waited for two hours before I got to a table. Don't ask me why, I don't wanna talk about it. It just makes my blood boil. *cough*Discrimination*cough*
My long awaited Fish and Chips! It was a sad disappointment considering it cost me $18.00! I think the $2 fish and chips at the Crown tastes much better. And I'm not sure if it was this that caused my bout of food poisioning later that night.
I soooooooo wanted to drink myself silly but I couldn't due to the fact that I had to be sober enough to take the train home again.After lunch I walked around Church Street in Middle Brighton, but most of the shops were closed thanks to the stupid god-awful long wait at the restaurant.
Overall, I felt that it had been a good day. Much better than being holed up in my room and bawling the whole day. I took the train home and decided to indulge myself in some self-photography.I think this one captured the best expression and light.
PS: Over these past few days, it just dawned upon me that the worst thing about a broken heart is that it doesn't kill you.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home