"X" Marks The Spot

Today I ventured into the city for KTV (Karaoke - It should be Karaoke Television?), the first time in my car during normal traffic conditions. The last time I drove there was when I dropped Alicia off back at her place after pancakes at Stokers.
This evening, I was meeting my friends at their place near the outskirts of the city before heading down to Chinatown for our KTV session.
I took the liberty of drawing up a map that would clearly explain how my whole journey went.

Okay, it's probably not that accurately depicted. BUT it is NOT an exaggeration.
I probably had travelled more that what the map states. I just don't have enough space to show you how awfully off-course I had been.
I had missed a very important turn. I manage to reach the city by an alternative route and I came soooooooo close to Junior's apartment building. But again I missed another turn!!
You know why?
Because all the bloody streets signs are so obscured along poorly lit streets!
I wonder how anyone finds their way around here.
I had never been so happy to park my car when I finally reached Junior's place.
I stoppped sweating and my pulse started to beat in a proper rythmn again. Although I highly suspect that my blood pressure has increased by at least two folds and my life span shortened by at least 20 years.
I AM NOT KIDDING.
After that I gave him the keys to drive to Chinatown for the KTV session.
That was all the driving I could take in a day.
This proves that some people are meant to drive and some like me for the sake of self-preservation just aren't.
The next time I buy a car, I should make sure a chauffeur comes along with it!
Or I can just ride in taxis for the remaining of my life.... :x
***
Had a major presentation today. I didn't even prepare a script for it. Everything I spewed during presentation came on the spot and it went without a single hitch. Let's hope my lecturer likes it as much as I'm bragging about it now. *winks*
Alright, I'm beat. Goodnight.
PS: The normal routine would be waking up early and catching the morning news on TV. I seem to be catching the morning news before going to bed. Hmmmmm.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home