Tessalaar Tulip Festival

Tessalaar Tulip Festival at Silvan
Sorry I've been busy these couple of days to blog!
To make up for it, I've got lots of pictures in this entry!
First of all, since Jeremy suggested that we should go for the Tulip Festival at Silvan, I had been looking around for people to go with us since neither of us had driven that far before. I thought I had no hope of going until Pam and Jo said they wanted to go as well!
But Jeremy had to work on Sunday at the shop, so we went ahead without him. :(
The night before I stayed over at Junior's place so that I wouldn't need to get up so early in the morning. However, we ended up playing majong until 5am in the morning. Hehe. We got up at 9am to get ready, left the house by 10am.
Junior and Pam took turns at the wheel while Jo and I relaxed at the back. Ahhhhh. Feels good to be driven around. :P
Anyway, it was raining on and off when we got there! We took a lot of photos in the rain and we took more when the rain stopped. Haha. Poor Junior had to juggle with three of our cameras.
We arrived at the tulip farm in the glorious rain!
These tulips were so big! I call them mutant tulips. Haha.
So many tulips! There were just rows and rows of tulips!

We spotted food!
Yummy Dutch Poffertjes drizzled with maple syrup and melted butter topped with icing sugar!
That's Jo, Pam, Junior and I.
Tulips in abundance! Get the picture yet?
Amongst the tulips! We got our shoes soooo muddy I tell you...Next, we headed to Miss Marples at Mount Dandenong for hot scones and a cuppa! I have always wanted to go to Mount Dandenong again for the scones. The place was so crowded when we reached that we had to wait for 45 minutes just to get a table. We wondered around the shops to kill some time.
We got some chocolate coated coffee beans from one of the shops there!
Look at all the people waiting around to get a table!Finally we managed to get a table. We were already quite hungry after watching all the other customers eating!
We had a combination of fruit scones and plain scones.
Homemade cream and jam to go along with the scones.
Our Chicken Cottage Pie. I say we're missing the pie crust! It's all potato.
Waffles with Ice-Cream! Reminds me of Gelare back in Singapore. Half-priced waffles on Tuesdays.. Awwww.
After that I was back at their place for more majong and we ordered in pasta for dinner. Reached home around midnight called Alvin and my mum. Slept at around 4 something in the morning after watching an episode of Firefly.
***
Today I slept in. Slept in until it was really late. I practically missed my entire Monday. I woke up just in time for Grey's Anatomy at 8:30pm.
After the show I was feeling quite hungry and thinking of what to eat. I really didn't wanna cook or have canned soup.
I decided on take-away Chinese food on High Street.
My dinner.苦瓜排骨饭 (Bittergourd and Spare Ribs on Rice) It was good and satisfying.
The tulips I bought from the festival started to open up a little.
Phew! That was one long post! I'm gonna catch up on some chores now. Doing laundry is wayyyyyyyy over due.
PS: Majong was really fun. Not because of the money lah of course, it was because of all the high dramas. I think I get quite dramatic playing majong sometimes. I nearly won a five-tai game. But Pam gamed on the same tile and since she was in front of me so she got the priority. Boo-hoo. Was feeling so happy then became so sad. LOL.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home