Angie's Graduation

Bachelor of Commerce
Faculty of Law and Management of La Trobe University.
Today I woke up as usual in a state of confusion. Glanced sleepily at my alarm clock and I realised that I'm supposed to leave my place in 20 minutes time to attend my hostel mate Angie's graduation. I quickly called Angie to let her know that I've just woken up and not to panic I'll get her to school in time.
I made a mental note as well that we needed to get petrol before we headed to La Trobe University.
I rushed to get washed up and changed. Sloppily applied some make-up and brushed my hair and then dashed over to Angie's room to knock on her door.
Did I tell you that I hate to get petrol? It's always such a judgement problem for me as to how far I should be parking away from the pumps. How far is far and how near is near? I can never tell. I'm also terrible working the pumps. The pumps just don't really seem to like me and they spit petrol at me most of the time.
It's sad, I know.
I really prefer how you can get the people at the station to do it for you in Singapore. I would rather leave things to the people who know what they are doing.
As a consolation the fuel price dropped a little today. AUD$1.27 a litre.
We drove to La Trobe University from the petrol station and managed to reach on time.
After Angie collected her gown, we started to take lots of photos. Here's Angie with Jody and myself.
Angie and I.
Angie was soooo busy answering her calls all day.
Group photo of all of us.Karen and I were given tickets to attend the ceremony! The hall was packed with so many proud parents and relatives. You could almost feel the warmth of the atmosphere in the air.
Manage to snap a shot of Angie grinning as all the graduates walked out!
The ceremony started. There was a speech by Maureen Wheeler, one of the co-founders of Lonely Planet.Alas, we missed snapping a photo of Angie on stage! Our cameras just choose the best time to malfunction. -_-
After the ceremony, we went to take some photos by the lake. It was so bloody cold!
I came home and I was so tired. Took a shower and then a short nap. Sometimes I feel like I'm getting old. Sigh.
Time for some Firefly now. Missed it so much the last two days as I kept going out until late.
Feels good to be home tonight!
Catch you guys later! ;)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home