Inordinately Silly Portion of My Life
I managed to convince Quoth to drop me off at home today by tempting him with a generous offer to pay for a full tank of petrol on the way there. Petrol prices have been ridculously high lately - almost bordering on absurd.
I've been feeling bad for letting him drive me around all the time, especially after all the problems that I seem to be relentlessly endowing upon him all this while. It just breaks my heart when I think about it. I've been constantly apologising but I don't think it helps.
*sighs deeply*
At the petrol station, Quoth gave me a Practical 101 on How to Pump Petrol at the Petrol Station. I was rudely stumped by the very first step - turning the knob of the fuel tank cover. I swear it had been stuck or something. I was utilising every ounce of finger muscle that I had and it still wouldn't budge.
I shan't start on the fuel pump gadget. It would be more interesting if I leave it to your imagination.
The practical lesson didn't last very long as it was not as empty as Quoth had initially thought. Anyway, we got about $8 worth of petrol and a cherry ripe candy bar.
Onceat home (four walls doesn't consitute a home) in my room, in my feeble attempt to entertain myself, I picked up an issue of my much treasured 8 Days magazine that I had brought over from Singapore.
I came across this amusing piece where local director Kelvin Tong was giving a brief history of some of the cool stuff that he owns.
This particular paragraph caught my eye:
I smiled to myself and thought - "inordinately silly portion of my life" - Oh man! Isn't that taking away half the fun from doing laundry in Singapore? LOL.
PS: Hmmmm, perhaps it's just me? *winks* :)
I've been feeling bad for letting him drive me around all the time, especially after all the problems that I seem to be relentlessly endowing upon him all this while. It just breaks my heart when I think about it. I've been constantly apologising but I don't think it helps.
*sighs deeply*
At the petrol station, Quoth gave me a Practical 101 on How to Pump Petrol at the Petrol Station. I was rudely stumped by the very first step - turning the knob of the fuel tank cover. I swear it had been stuck or something. I was utilising every ounce of finger muscle that I had and it still wouldn't budge.
I shan't start on the fuel pump gadget. It would be more interesting if I leave it to your imagination.
The practical lesson didn't last very long as it was not as empty as Quoth had initially thought. Anyway, we got about $8 worth of petrol and a cherry ripe candy bar.
Once
I came across this amusing piece where local director Kelvin Tong was giving a brief history of some of the cool stuff that he owns.
This particular paragraph caught my eye:
Favorite Gadget
"My Magtag spin dryer. Without it, I'll have to spend an inordinately silly portion of my life drying my clothes on a bamboo pole."
I smiled to myself and thought - "inordinately silly portion of my life" - Oh man! Isn't that taking away half the fun from doing laundry in Singapore? LOL.
PS: Hmmmm, perhaps it's just me? *winks* :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home