Swan Valley
We got up at 8AM in this morning. What a struggle it was for me. I wonder how I would ever manage a 9 - 5 job ever.
The plan was to take a 2-hour drive for The Pinnacles. However, plans changed due to the weather, it just kept raining and raining. We decided to head down to Swan Valley instead, for an afternoon of wine tasting and fine dining.
I have to say that there would have been more cool pictures if the stupid batteries in my camera didn't give out so fast! They must have been quite depleted as I got a little carried away with the camera at the zoo the day before. Knowing that this would happen, I brought spare batteries with me, but they just gave out just after 10 shots. It was really wierd, they had been fully charged! So very, very annoying.
Anway, I should just stop grumbling now and walk you through the pictures.
First stop was at Edgecombe Brothers winery for wine and cheese tasting.
I could really to get use to this.
The weather was extremely erratic. It kept raining on and off. We get blue skies and then just minutes later it starts pouring like it's raining for the first time after a seven year drought. We had to duck for cover from the rain at every stop we made!
Next, we went to Little River's for lunch and more wine-tasting!
Darling says at this very point it time I was getting red and a little delirious. At least I know I have good blood circulation.
I had the Red Snapper. My request for tartare sauce wasn't quite warmly received. -_-
My lovely darling posing for me just outside Little River's.
We had to drop by Margaret River Chocolate Factory!
There were buckets of free chocolate buttons at the front of the store. Yes, buckets and yes,freeee. Would have taken more pictures of the entire place to show you its dedication to chocolate but - those dammnn batteries! Ooops, shouldn't have started again.
Chocolate Fondue! It's a refreshing change from the strawberry fondue at Max Brenner's in Melbourne.
Look at all the yummy fondue-ees. LOL. And yes, Quoth(ie) - That's liquorice in the middle. Didn't save any of those for you but I did get you another pack of Luscious Liqourice. The rest of the fondue-ees were honeycomb, marshmellow, nougat, dried apricot and sugared ginger cubes!
After another winery, we stopped by for devonshire tea and hot scones!
The jam and cream as well as the scones were homemade. Thinking about them just makes me hungry!
PS: I'm still suffering from the ill-effects of indigestion now. The price I have to pay for being so greedy today! Sigh... Oh! I'll be posting the zoo pictures soon. They were a tidy sum and I just didn't have the time or energy to go through them. But I must say that some of the animals were sooo cuuuuteeee! :P
The plan was to take a 2-hour drive for The Pinnacles. However, plans changed due to the weather, it just kept raining and raining. We decided to head down to Swan Valley instead, for an afternoon of wine tasting and fine dining.
I have to say that there would have been more cool pictures if the stupid batteries in my camera didn't give out so fast! They must have been quite depleted as I got a little carried away with the camera at the zoo the day before. Knowing that this would happen, I brought spare batteries with me, but they just gave out just after 10 shots. It was really wierd, they had been fully charged! So very, very annoying.
Anway, I should just stop grumbling now and walk you through the pictures.
First stop was at Edgecombe Brothers winery for wine and cheese tasting.
I could really to get use to this.The weather was extremely erratic. It kept raining on and off. We get blue skies and then just minutes later it starts pouring like it's raining for the first time after a seven year drought. We had to duck for cover from the rain at every stop we made!
Next, we went to Little River's for lunch and more wine-tasting!
Darling says at this very point it time I was getting red and a little delirious. At least I know I have good blood circulation.
I had the Red Snapper. My request for tartare sauce wasn't quite warmly received. -_-
My lovely darling posing for me just outside Little River's.We had to drop by Margaret River Chocolate Factory!
There were buckets of free chocolate buttons at the front of the store. Yes, buckets and yes,freeee. Would have taken more pictures of the entire place to show you its dedication to chocolate but - those dammnn batteries! Ooops, shouldn't have started again.
Chocolate Fondue! It's a refreshing change from the strawberry fondue at Max Brenner's in Melbourne.
Look at all the yummy fondue-ees. LOL. And yes, Quoth(ie) - That's liquorice in the middle. Didn't save any of those for you but I did get you another pack of Luscious Liqourice. The rest of the fondue-ees were honeycomb, marshmellow, nougat, dried apricot and sugared ginger cubes!After another winery, we stopped by for devonshire tea and hot scones!
The jam and cream as well as the scones were homemade. Thinking about them just makes me hungry!PS: I'm still suffering from the ill-effects of indigestion now. The price I have to pay for being so greedy today! Sigh... Oh! I'll be posting the zoo pictures soon. They were a tidy sum and I just didn't have the time or energy to go through them. But I must say that some of the animals were sooo cuuuuteeee! :P


2 Comments:
hmm... i can see u've been eating quite alot.. watch your diet ar.. u got to save space for food back in singapore.. hehe..
I've worked that out already. I can just eat as much anywhere I want for now. Just starve when I return to Melbourne! LOL
Post a Comment
<< Home