The Tour Guide in Me
I've just finish clipping my toe nails. Still contemplating if I should work on my finger nails as well. I think I'll leave them and grow them out a bit more.
I managed to get a few things done today. Dragged Quoth(ie) all over Orchard today in the process. Poor thing. But what to do. Sigh.
We started at Somerset MRT where we dropped by the Visitors Centre. I collected some brochures for my friend Joan who's thinking of touring in Singapore next year.
Singapore Zoo
Jurong Bird Park
Night Safari
Tourist Map
Sungei Buloh
MacRitchie Reservoir - i didn't expect to see this one
Chinatown
Sentosa
The Animal Resort - i didn't know this existed
Singapore River Cruise
That was it.
Then we got to Singtel HELLO! Shop to get a prepaid card for myself. I was going to get him one in case I had to contact him if he got lost but he didn't feel like he needed one. I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. I tried in vain to top up my card by keying in a 10 digit top-up code followed by a six digit pin code. I gave up after the third try and went back to the counter for assistance. The lady serving me was so sweet, she took my mobile and keyed in the numbers for me.
After that we went to The Heeren to look for Localbrand tees. I couldn't locate the shop so I guess we'll have to make a trip back there again.
So we walked all the way to Far East Plaza to get my FCUK jeans altered at Michelle's Alterations. It took them just 20 minutes. I can't even sew on a button in 20 minutes.
During this 20 minutes, we went down to this beads shop so that I could get this ring that I want custom made. I lost it a while ago and I had the matching pendant for it. I showed them the necklace and asked if they could make it for me again. I was so happy that they obliged.
Next, we took a break at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. I could sense Quoth(ie) was relieved that I've spared him from more walking and running mindless errands. I got him the Pure Chocolate ice-blended and a Belgian Chocolate ice-blended for myself.
We had an appointment with my ex-colleagues from Levi's. I wanted a new pair of jeans. Decided on a pair of limited edition jeans, it cost a bomb and I refuse to reveal the price because all of you will probably think less of me for spending that kind of money on a piece of denim. :P
Dinner was Japanese. Boy was I hungry. So hungry that I forgot to snap a picture of it. Sigh.
I saw this area of Taka that has been cordoned off, apparently it seems that someone fell to his or her death the day before. Spooky. I would not recommend anyone to sign up for a late-night security guard position at Taka to anyone. Imagine working at night in that spooky area. *shudders*
Took a quick tour of Borders after that. Saw a new Jane Green book!! Yay!! Got another one for Spanky. It's her birthday today. Too bad she was busy getting lost on her scooter when I called her on her mobile. Couldn't get to wish her a proper happy birthday.
No pictures today! Only some shots of the aquarium at Wisma. Quoth(ie) must be the most unwilling tourist here on this island right now.
With that I shall tease all of you again with another photo from Caversham Wildlife Park.

Look how sweetly it has placed its sharp claws on my hands!
PS: Yes Mel, I know I told you it will be just a short one tonight but...
I managed to get a few things done today. Dragged Quoth(ie) all over Orchard today in the process. Poor thing. But what to do. Sigh.
We started at Somerset MRT where we dropped by the Visitors Centre. I collected some brochures for my friend Joan who's thinking of touring in Singapore next year.
Singapore Zoo
Jurong Bird Park
Night Safari
Tourist Map
Sungei Buloh
MacRitchie Reservoir - i didn't expect to see this one
Chinatown
Sentosa
The Animal Resort - i didn't know this existed
Singapore River Cruise
That was it.
Then we got to Singtel HELLO! Shop to get a prepaid card for myself. I was going to get him one in case I had to contact him if he got lost but he didn't feel like he needed one. I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. I tried in vain to top up my card by keying in a 10 digit top-up code followed by a six digit pin code. I gave up after the third try and went back to the counter for assistance. The lady serving me was so sweet, she took my mobile and keyed in the numbers for me.
After that we went to The Heeren to look for Localbrand tees. I couldn't locate the shop so I guess we'll have to make a trip back there again.
So we walked all the way to Far East Plaza to get my FCUK jeans altered at Michelle's Alterations. It took them just 20 minutes. I can't even sew on a button in 20 minutes.
During this 20 minutes, we went down to this beads shop so that I could get this ring that I want custom made. I lost it a while ago and I had the matching pendant for it. I showed them the necklace and asked if they could make it for me again. I was so happy that they obliged.
Next, we took a break at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. I could sense Quoth(ie) was relieved that I've spared him from more walking and running mindless errands. I got him the Pure Chocolate ice-blended and a Belgian Chocolate ice-blended for myself.
We had an appointment with my ex-colleagues from Levi's. I wanted a new pair of jeans. Decided on a pair of limited edition jeans, it cost a bomb and I refuse to reveal the price because all of you will probably think less of me for spending that kind of money on a piece of denim. :P
Dinner was Japanese. Boy was I hungry. So hungry that I forgot to snap a picture of it. Sigh.
I saw this area of Taka that has been cordoned off, apparently it seems that someone fell to his or her death the day before. Spooky. I would not recommend anyone to sign up for a late-night security guard position at Taka to anyone. Imagine working at night in that spooky area. *shudders*
Took a quick tour of Borders after that. Saw a new Jane Green book!! Yay!! Got another one for Spanky. It's her birthday today. Too bad she was busy getting lost on her scooter when I called her on her mobile. Couldn't get to wish her a proper happy birthday.
No pictures today! Only some shots of the aquarium at Wisma. Quoth(ie) must be the most unwilling tourist here on this island right now.
With that I shall tease all of you again with another photo from Caversham Wildlife Park.

Look how sweetly it has placed its sharp claws on my hands!
PS: Yes Mel, I know I told you it will be just a short one tonight but...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home