Day 3 : Stonehenge, Roman Baths
We booked a day trip for the third day with Golden Tours.
It was a late departure tour to Stonehenge and the Roman Baths.
Due to a very unfortunate and terrible traffic jam that clogged the motorway, we had to stop for lunch first at an English pub before heading to Stonehenge.
I ordered Roast Beef. It was served with Potato Wedges and Boiled Vegetables. The beef was really tender and gravy was really good. I slurped it up in no time!
My brother ordered Vegeterian Lasagne. Yum yum. It's a much healthier version of Bolognise Lasagne.
We arrive at the Stonehenge. This is the part where an opening song started to play in my head.
I remember doing a project about famous places around the world in Sec School and Stonehenge was one of them! So surreal...
It was sooooooooooo cold there! Freezing my butt off just standing around, the wind chill is just really cold.
I think my brother felt more of the chill because he isn't as warmly dressed as he should be, plus he has less body fats than me.
Next stop was The Roman Baths.
The Roman Baths are a popular tourist attraction and historical place of interest in the English city of Bath.
The view of the Roman Baths from the upper level of the historical site. The loss of the original roof has encouraged green algae growth.
As you can see, most part of site is very well preserved.
A closer look at the statues overlooking the bath.
We touched the water and it was quite hot! The water really comes from the ground, warmed by the thermal heat of the core of the earth.
We left the Roman Baths to walk around the vicinity. This statue stands somewhere near the baths. "Water is Best" - or so it say carved on the front of the statue.
We stumbled upon this lovely bridge!
I really love this bridge! According to the guide, this bridge is modelled after a famous bridge in Florence, Italy.
We headed back to Victoria Station where our bus departed from this morning and decided to grab something for dinner at Garfunkle's at Victoria Place.
Sausage and mash! My brother remembers this dish from the childhood story - Jack and the Beanstalk. Apparently it's the Giant's favourite meal...
I ordered the All Day Breakfast! It has everything that I love to eat! LOL
PS: I've an event tomorrow at The Art House. Still not sure what I should wear...
It was a late departure tour to Stonehenge and the Roman Baths.
Due to a very unfortunate and terrible traffic jam that clogged the motorway, we had to stop for lunch first at an English pub before heading to Stonehenge.
I ordered Roast Beef. It was served with Potato Wedges and Boiled Vegetables. The beef was really tender and gravy was really good. I slurped it up in no time!
My brother ordered Vegeterian Lasagne. Yum yum. It's a much healthier version of Bolognise Lasagne.
We arrive at the Stonehenge. This is the part where an opening song started to play in my head.
I remember doing a project about famous places around the world in Sec School and Stonehenge was one of them! So surreal...
It was sooooooooooo cold there! Freezing my butt off just standing around, the wind chill is just really cold.
I think my brother felt more of the chill because he isn't as warmly dressed as he should be, plus he has less body fats than me.
Next stop was The Roman Baths.
The Roman Baths are a popular tourist attraction and historical place of interest in the English city of Bath.
The view of the Roman Baths from the upper level of the historical site. The loss of the original roof has encouraged green algae growth.
As you can see, most part of site is very well preserved.
A closer look at the statues overlooking the bath.
We touched the water and it was quite hot! The water really comes from the ground, warmed by the thermal heat of the core of the earth.
We left the Roman Baths to walk around the vicinity. This statue stands somewhere near the baths. "Water is Best" - or so it say carved on the front of the statue.
We stumbled upon this lovely bridge!
I really love this bridge! According to the guide, this bridge is modelled after a famous bridge in Florence, Italy.
We headed back to Victoria Station where our bus departed from this morning and decided to grab something for dinner at Garfunkle's at Victoria Place.
Sausage and mash! My brother remembers this dish from the childhood story - Jack and the Beanstalk. Apparently it's the Giant's favourite meal...
I ordered the All Day Breakfast! It has everything that I love to eat! LOLPS: I've an event tomorrow at The Art House. Still not sure what I should wear...


3 Comments:
The food looks fantastic in London, way better than Melb! Altho I'm still craving for YumCha!
Haha! It's not really that much different from Melbourne, maybe it's a little bit better on the presentation?
Get over the yum cha already, haha.. maybe you should offer to treat someone...
Goodie, I'll be having Yum Cha twice this week! Once with Brad's family & once with a school mate. Enough to make me sick of it I hope!
Post a Comment
<< Home