Day 2 : The National Gallery, London Eye, The Lion King
Things seemed to fall more into place on the second day.
We decided to take the Sightseeing Tour Bus around the city of London.
We paid 18 pounds each for a ticket but we can get on and off the bus at over 50 over stops all around London! Good value and it comes with audio commentary as well.
Sitting on the upper deck of the bus! Sorry you all have to bear with my pasty face, no liquid foundation = no make up!
View of the buildings from the bus.
My brother squinting at me. I think he got really tired from having to get me out of bed that morning. I swear I didn't hear him for most part of it...
Our first stop was The National Gallery.
Van Gogh's famous Sunflowers is one of the paintings in the the gallery.
This is also a famous painting by Monet of Westminister.
We left the gallery at around lunch time. The weather was really good, bright and sunnny!
Off to Picadilly Circus. Initially we couldn't find the circus, then we realised we were standing on it - but it was more like a semi-circle.
One of the many fountains of Europe, here is The Statue of Eros. Not sure of the history behind it though...
We had lunch at Harry Ramsdens - I had Cod Fish with Mash and Baked Beans while my brother had Haddock with Mash and Mushy Beans. We thought we were realy hungry and so we ordered this starter of finger foods to share and by the time the main course came, we had to struggle to finish our food!
The fish was really good, perfectly crisp to the bite and not overdone with batter! The mash was yummy too... Sigh... I want some now!
After lunch, the next stop was the London Eye!
There were so many people! We queued up for 20 minutes to get the tickets and another 20 minutes to get on the ride. My legs were so achy! Of course the excitement of The London Eye overshadowed the aches for a while...
We had to hop into the capsule very quickly because it doesn't stop for you to get on, it just simply moves and you just have to be really quick! This was capsule that was next to ours.
Inside our capsule! The movement was slow and steady so we didn't really feel like it was rocky or anything like that.
Over-looking the River Thames.. And that's the Big Ben Clock Tower below.
The whole ride took probably around 25 minutes. I'm just a sucker for these touristy attractions. So cooool~
We crossed the bridge to take the free river cruise that came with our sightseeing bus ticket.
Taken on the ferry, my brother with one of the towers of the Tower Bridge in the background.
The London Eye from the ferry. It looks so pretty against the sky!
After grabbing a quick bite at Covent Gardens, we went to watch The Lion King musical at Lyceum Theatre, West End.
I missed this musical when I was in Melbourne, I'm so happy that I managed to catch it! It was really good, so much better that I had anticipated.
I was extremely impressed with the use of props for the different types of animals, very innovative. The leaping gazelles were my favourite! It was certainly a great way to end the night! :)
We decided to take the Sightseeing Tour Bus around the city of London.
We paid 18 pounds each for a ticket but we can get on and off the bus at over 50 over stops all around London! Good value and it comes with audio commentary as well.
Sitting on the upper deck of the bus! Sorry you all have to bear with my pasty face, no liquid foundation = no make up!
View of the buildings from the bus.
My brother squinting at me. I think he got really tired from having to get me out of bed that morning. I swear I didn't hear him for most part of it...
Our first stop was The National Gallery.
Van Gogh's famous Sunflowers is one of the paintings in the the gallery.
This is also a famous painting by Monet of Westminister.
We left the gallery at around lunch time. The weather was really good, bright and sunnny!
Off to Picadilly Circus. Initially we couldn't find the circus, then we realised we were standing on it - but it was more like a semi-circle.
One of the many fountains of Europe, here is The Statue of Eros. Not sure of the history behind it though...
We had lunch at Harry Ramsdens - I had Cod Fish with Mash and Baked Beans while my brother had Haddock with Mash and Mushy Beans. We thought we were realy hungry and so we ordered this starter of finger foods to share and by the time the main course came, we had to struggle to finish our food!The fish was really good, perfectly crisp to the bite and not overdone with batter! The mash was yummy too... Sigh... I want some now!
After lunch, the next stop was the London Eye!
There were so many people! We queued up for 20 minutes to get the tickets and another 20 minutes to get on the ride. My legs were so achy! Of course the excitement of The London Eye overshadowed the aches for a while...
We had to hop into the capsule very quickly because it doesn't stop for you to get on, it just simply moves and you just have to be really quick! This was capsule that was next to ours.
Inside our capsule! The movement was slow and steady so we didn't really feel like it was rocky or anything like that.
Over-looking the River Thames.. And that's the Big Ben Clock Tower below.
The whole ride took probably around 25 minutes. I'm just a sucker for these touristy attractions. So cooool~
We crossed the bridge to take the free river cruise that came with our sightseeing bus ticket.
Taken on the ferry, my brother with one of the towers of the Tower Bridge in the background.
The London Eye from the ferry. It looks so pretty against the sky!
After grabbing a quick bite at Covent Gardens, we went to watch The Lion King musical at Lyceum Theatre, West End.
I missed this musical when I was in Melbourne, I'm so happy that I managed to catch it! It was really good, so much better that I had anticipated. I was extremely impressed with the use of props for the different types of animals, very innovative. The leaping gazelles were my favourite! It was certainly a great way to end the night! :)


2 Comments:
Erm. I thought you fell asleep in the show? LOL. - Weny
Ermmmmmm... Technically, I dozed off intermittently during the 2nd act lah... hur hur hur... purely due to jet lag lah... but my review is based on the 1st act mah! HAHAHAHAHA
Post a Comment
<< Home