Saturday, June 03, 2006

Cedele

It's Friday night again! Can't believe the week went by so fast!

I just read Weny's blog and she mention that it's already June! Almost half the year has past us by. Oh my god. It's already middle of 2006. So annoying. I really don't feel like I've done much at all since I returned to Singapore. *sighes*

Anyway I went to Border's after work today to return a book I had bought last week. It's a Jane Green book entitled "Spellbound", I had assumed it was a new book. When I got home and started reading the book that night, I realised that it felt so familiar and so I went through all my other Jane Green books. I've already got the book! Except that it was in a totally different cover with a different title. One book with two different titles. How strange is that?

Anyhow I got to Borders and told the guy at the Information Counter that I wanted a refund on my book and explained my situation of how I never knew that one book could have two different titles. He asked if I wanted to exchange for another book, I said no I wanted a refund. Next he asked if I wanted to get my refund in a shopping voucher, I asked if there was an alternative beside that. He and finally replied if I wanted a cash refund - dear god, couldn't he offered this solution to me in the first place?

Next I went to meet a friend for dinner at Cedele, this new place at Wheelock Place.

This was what I ordered:

Beef Onion Burger - I love this burger! It has the best tasting combination of onions, lettuce, tomato, beef, mustard and cranberry sauce! Just simply wonderful - If you love burgers, you've got to try it!

Tomorrow I'm going to have my hair rebonded at Monsoon Bugis Junction. This will be the second time in five years or so that I'm doing it. The last rebonding lasted me for almost two years. It was a painful five-hour long process. Let's pray this time around, the technology for hair rebonding will have somewhat improved and be less torturous.

I shall leave you all with a personal joke for the weekend, I might be disappearing as usual.

I used to work at OCBC Chulia Street under a six-week IT contract with the IT department on the 29th floor. There was this girl from my poly that was also there on the same job as me. One day she took the lift with me and she said something so remarkably bimbo-ish that I think she can compete with Paris Hilton.

This was how it went:

(As we were in the lift)
Bimbo Schoolmate: "Wow, this lift is so special."
Me: "Oh really? Why?"

Bimbo Schoolmate: "It's making my ears blocked."
Me: (Trying not to sound like I'm trying to be smart which is quite impossible since she is so ridculously stupid) "Ermmmm... I think every lift will do that to your ears when you are going to the higher floors...."
Neutral Friend: "Yah, all lifts are the same...."

Bimbo Schoolmate: (Slightly annoyed) "How would I know mah... It's my first time taking this lift."
Me: ?!?!?!?!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have this habit of pulling off smirk remarks at people whom you feel that are not on par with you?

A wise saying:

People don't really care how much you know until they know how much you care.

Cheers

T-nias

04 June, 2006 15:59  
Blogger saccha said...

I have a habit of blogging whatever that I have an opinion about and I guess that includes "people whom you feel that are not on par with you".

Many thanks for your wise saying as well, I'm sure that will come in handy one day. However, I'm not very sure why you are mentioning this at all in my post about getting a refund for a book at Borders and having dinner at Cedele.

04 June, 2006 23:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home