Tuesday, May 16, 2006

M2Btv Roadshow

Weny and I met for breakfast before our first day of roadshow together. We started out early at 9:15AM in the morning. Needless to say, I was pretty reluctant to get out of bed that morning...

The tent that has been set up at Ngee Ann City Civic Plaza.

This would be my booth. I didn't expect it to be so prominent! Geez...

We really didn't know what kind of turn out to expect from this roadshow as few people seem to know much about our company and the services we provide. I was actually pretty excited about doing this roadshow even though it meant that I was burning my weekend which I would usually spend on sleeping.

This is me looking at my best at start of the roadshow.

And Weny looking ever so radiant.

This is Weny's makeshift lifestyle living room where she is stationed and doing the demo of the M2Btv Broadband TV system.

Our registration-subscription-redemption counter.

Before the start of the launch, it was pouring down pretty hard, and my booth got flooded that I couldn't stand inside my booth. The launch was delayed so that our "parade" of beauty queens and live ponies could start.

The start of the launch. I wasn't in time to take pictures of the ponies as I was busy with the public that was streaming in...

Our beauty queens. I think only the second one from the right looks pretty decent.

After the launch, it was pretty busy. I had to repeat myself over and over again about the services that we are providing.

A typical conversation goes like this:

Customer: "So er.. Can you tell me more about this broadband TV?"
Me: "Oh we are providing this service that works on top of your broadband connection. Through our PONY setup box, you can access to 40 of our On-Demand channels, surf the Internet, face to face video conferencing and utilise our video mail."

Customer: "Then my Internet speed must be how fast leh?"
Me: "We recommend 1.5Mbps and above. But if you are using 512kbps it's also acceptable."

Customer: "Oh, like that ah, then what are the programmes that you are featuring?"
Me: "We currently do not have the programme list out yet. We only have a channel guide that tells you each channel's basic genre, you can have a browse at the guide, I can't let you take it with you."

Customer: "Oh okay..."
Me: "Now currently we have a promotion today at this launch which is if you subscribe for one month you get two months free. There's no contract bound to your subscription so you can terminate anytime."

Customer: "How much is your subscription fee a month leh?"
Me: "It's 29.90 per month excluding GST."

Customer: "Got any other hidden cost or not?"
Me: "There's an additional $30 activation fee which covers your installation and delivery fee. You will receive your set-up box in six to eight weeks time and your subscription will only start on the day you receive your set-up box."

Customer: "Huh... How come must wait so long?"
Me: "Oh because this is our pre-launch, we are taking in early registration, and that is why we have the special promotion of two months free subscription."


Try saying that over and over again for at least 100 times. It took away quite a bit of the excitement that I had in the inital beginning.

Furthermore, there were customers who seemed really irritated at us because we do not have live soccer and news coverage, why we don't have the programme list for the programmes that we are featuring, why we don't provide a wireless keyboard, why we don't have SCV channels like HBO and AXN... I mean, it's not like we are the ones making the decisions lorh!!!

We are only small frys in the company, angry at us for what??? *sighs*

Crowds started streaming in....

And that was a sign for us to go for our lunch break! Hahaha.. no lah... We had temps to cover for us...

And Pepper Lunch it was!

Oh well.. Another picture wouldn't hurt.

Our resident Digital Surgeon Dr. Kenn Teo sees no evil.

My Black Pepper Beef. Yummy!

After lunch, Veron finally appeared!

And so did my Baby!

Melinda dropped by with her boyfriend, Jason, he took this picture for us... Behind us is my booth for HDTV...

My mummy dropped by to support me.

And so did my Auntie Jean and Uncle James. My uncle actually signed up for the service!

My friend from poly, James, dropped by as well. He was waiting ages for me to finish talking to one of the potential customers...

Pam and her boyfried Chris dropped by as well, he was the one taking this picture as well... hehehe... boyfriends are so useful...

Fashion show... The best models of the world preview...

I really didn't expect myself to be in so much pain at the end of the first day. I swear that my left arm was in so much pain that I actually woke up in the middle of the night writhing in pain... This shows you how physically unfit I am... The only remote form of physical activity I ever do is shopping!!

And on the second day... Round 2!

I got to give out ballons!

This was so much better because little kids do not ask so much questions!

Seems like we had a lot of Pokka Lemon Drinks.

The turnout on the second day seemed to be more. My colleagues and I tried to have lunch at around 2pm, but we couldn't leave the area! When I tried to get my wallet, I was hijacked by someone. After talking for a while, I continued my quest to get my wallet and I bumped into Alan along the way who asked if I wanted to go for lunch. I nodded frantically and signalled that I had to get my wallet. I managed to retrieve my wallet from behind the counter. I made a point not to have eye contact with anyone standing at the counter because Alan had warned me earlier that morning that it was a danger zone! Chances are that you would be hijacked by someone standing at the counter.

After getting my wallet, I looked up and Alan was already being held hostage my a customer, my other colleague Melissa was standing beside him, looking at me with pleading eyes, haha! I gestured to her that I would be at the other end and went to get Weny for lunch as well but alas, she was held up with a potential customer.

And so I waited and waited and waited.. at the same time I was getting asked a lot of questions by random people around me who can seem to instantly detect me from the crowd by my company shirt.

By the time we all manage to break free and go for lunch, it was nearly 3:30pm... And we literally had to siam away from people lorh! *shudders* I never want to live through that again...

M2Btv Roadshow 2
Chupa Chups! Lollipops were given out to lure in the kids...

Weny was so dedicated to her job that she paused to smile and pose for me. I think the uncle and auntie next to her was quite amused when she suddenly stopped abruptly... LOL

M2Btv Roadshow 1
Weny, Christine and Me.... All very tired from the roadshow.

Apparently, our boss is quite happy about the public response. In fact, I was quite suprised with the response as well. Today, we were all given half day off at work even though everyone still seems pretty tired.

I also just got news at work today that we will be doing ANOTHER roadshow in JULY for the ACTUAL launch of M2Btv...

*runs away and hides in a corner*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home